This painting is familiar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This painting is familiar

but I just can't figure out where I've seen it before. Anyone know?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf,217616
    "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
    -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

It looks like the creator (Dr. Saturday?) took a print of Christ's Second Coming that is popular among Latter-day Saints, removed Christ and inserted former University of Florida quarterback Tim Tebow.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      It looks like the creator (Dr. Saturday?) took a print of Christ's Second Coming that is popular among Latter-day Saints, removed Christ and inserted former University of Florida quarterback Tim Tebow.
      Oh, THAT's where I've seen it before.
      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

I saw that in a dream once, but with Max Hall.
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

I don't think that's it.
          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

And who is this "Christ" that Tebow has replaced? Is he as well known?

In all seriousness, I've been trying to figure out if this is an "LDS" painting or just really, really, really popular in LDS chapels, temples, bookstores, etc.
            "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
            -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Originally posted by Solon View Post
              And who is this "Christ" that Tebow has replaced? Is he as well known?

In all seriousness, I've been trying to figure out if this is an "LDS" painting or just really, really, really popular in LDS chapels, temples, bookstores, etc.
              Harry Anderson, a 7th Day Adventist, was commissioned by the LDS Church to do a series of paintings in the '60's. It appears that this was one of them.

Comment

Working...
              X