why no jucos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why no jucos?

Bronco doesn't want jc players it seems. I think this class could've used 3 or 4. A secondary guy, a rush end, a noseguard, even a marginal one and an olineman. Any thoughts?

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
    Bronco doesn't want jc players it seems. I think this class could've used 3 or 4. A secondary guy, a rush end, a noseguard, even a marginal one and an olineman. Any thoughts?

Probably no schollies combined remaining to fill gaps? Lots of RMs coming in, maybe that too.

Comment

They're terrible. They never work out.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

here are the returning missionary's,

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post

Does Lark or Munns even play a down at BYU? SUU could use one of them
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post

There are some good football players in that group. Tyler Beck, Austin Jorgenson, Manamuneealauemaa, Mahina, Walter K., Vaitai, Mathews and Jordan Smith...there are some really good athletes. Athletically, I think BYU is going to resemble more of 2006 and 2007 than the past two years. Well last year wasn't piss poor athletically but the squad was not nearly as athletic as 2006 and 2007. 2008 obviously had some athletic challenges.
            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
            -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
            -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Bronco signed several JC players last year. They unsuccessfully searched for a JC safety this year. All things being equal, if your HS class is as talented as BYU's you take them over JC players. The logic behind that should be self-evident.
              Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                Bronco signed several JC players last year. They unsuccessfully searched for a JC safety this year. All things being equal, if your HS class is as talented as BYU's you take them over JC players. The logic behind that should be self-evident.
                We hold these HS safeties to be self-evident, that all recruits are not created equal, that they are endowed by their High School coaches with certain intangible abilities, that among these are speed, athleticism, and the ability to backpedal and find the ball.
                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                  We hold these HS safeties to be self-evident, that all recruits are not created equal, that they are endowed by their High School coaches with certain intangible abilities, that among these are speed, athleticism, and the ability to backpedal and find the ball.
                  Like I said, BYU tried to find a JC safety.

I will add that Gman is speculating that BYU is going to go heavy after JC DBs for 2011 and that will be their #1 recruiting priority.
                  Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                    How do you define several? 4? I think 3 to 4 is a healthy number. This is the first class I can recall with zero jucos. I think it will hurt BYU next year.

Comment

How do you define several? 4? I think 3 to 4 is a healthy number. This is the first class I can recall with zero jucos. I think it will hurt BYU next year.
                      Jucos are nearly always a crap shoot. Sure we have had good luck with many jucos, but scouts will tell you that overall a program is in better shape if they can develop four year players, instead of two year players.
                      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                      X