TCU is putting together a pretty good class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCU is putting together a pretty good class

With all the talk about Utah and BYU, I think it is important to notice what TCU is doing. They have a pretty dang good class being put together with speed all over the place. Also a lot of there recruits had multiple BCS offers.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...010&School=189

Jonathan Anderson DB 6-1 196 4.69 5.7 Corpus Christi, TX
    Matt Anderson ATH 6-2 214 4.55 5.6 Vanderbilt, TX
    Travaras Battle-Smith ATH 5-10 175 4.4 5.6 San Antonio, TX
    Matt Brown QB 6-1 185 4.54 5.7 Allen, TX
    Stephen Bryant ATH 6-5 220 4.59 5.5 New Deal, TX
    Curtis Carter ATH 5-10 170 4.37 5.8 Stonewall, LA
    Sam Carter QB 6-0 205 4.58 5.6 Alief, TX
    Ethan Grant RB 5-10 175 4.4 5.8 Coconut Creek, FL
    Antonio Graves ATH 6-1 210 4.6 5.5 Texarkana, TX
    Chris Hawkins WR 6-2 175 4.45 5.7 Channelview, TX
    Josh Huff RB 5-10 185 4.4 5.8 Aldine, TX
    David Johnson DT 6-2 270 4.68 5.7 Argyle, TX
    Marcus Mallett LB 6-1 216 4.6 5.7 Cleveland, TX
    Clifton Murphy DE 6-4 230 4.71 5.5 Little Elm, TX
    Elisha Olabode DB 5-10 170 4.51 5.6 Cedar Hill, TX
    Blake Roberts LB 6-4 225 4.5 5.6 Tyler, TX
    Michael Thompson OL 6-4 315 4.9 5.6 Farmersville, TX
    Nykiren Wellington OL 6-6 275 5 5.5 San Antonio, TX
    Kevin White DB 5-10 170 4.47 5.5 Round Rock, TX
    "Take it to the Bank"

That there is the Texas advantage.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
      That there is the Texas advantage.
      Definitely and with the success they had last year it only helps. That class is full of speed. Look out MWC.
      "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
        Matt Anderson ATH 6-2 214 4.55 5.6 Vanderbilt, TX
        Stephen Bryant ATH 6-5 220 4.59 5.5 New Deal, TX
        Antonio Graves ATH 6-1 210 4.6 5.5 Texarkana, TX
        Marcus Mallett LB 6-1 216 4.6 5.7 Cleveland, TX

Blake Roberts LB 6-4 225 4.5 5.6 Tyler, TX
        These are the guys that scare me. In three years they'll all be 30 lbs heavier, faster, and be lined up on the DL.

Comment

Looking at the overall depth of TCU's class from top to bottom, they might have the best class in the MWC.

BYU has the guys at the top of there class that TCU doesn't but their middle to bottom recruits look a lot better than what BYU and Utah has. I am basing this by comparing offers and not just stars.
          "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Which is why the addition of Texas in 2011 to BYU's schedule is paramount to making in-roads in recruiting. Yes, the TCU game that year is in Provo but playing two schools from the "mine-is-bigger-than-yours" state will go along way to impressing some potential recruits.
            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
              These are the guys that scare me. In three years they'll all be 30 lbs heavier, faster, and be lined up on the DL.
              Yeah - they are a little scary in a couple of years.

But the DL who is currently 270 lbs and runs in the 4.6 range is scary right now.

Comment

TCU will be tough year in and year out; they have proven that. I think BYU and Utah have both increased the speed of their classes as well, so let the dogfights begin. BTW, I am still shaking my head that TCU, arguably the best team in the country last year, let themselves get punked by BSU. That game totally got into their heads and I was surprised. It will be interesting to see how they represent this coming year (and I expect them to win the conference again with their returning talent).
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

315 and runs a 4.9? that is impressive.
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Matt Brown was a commit to Arizona, and they had high hopes for the kid. Instead, he chose to come to TCU and compete with Casey Pachall, who had 7 BCS offers last year (including Florida, Notre Dame, and Nebraska).

That's a real nice class for the Frogs.
                    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Working...
                    X