2011 BYU recruiting........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 BYU recruiting........

Since 2010 is pretty much wrapped up, on to 2011.

BYU landed Alex Kuresa today. He is the younger brother of former cougar Jake Kuresa.

Alex is 6' 175 pounds, plays quarterback. Last year for Mt. Crest he threw for 3,550 yards, 39 tds, completed 68 percent of his passes and he also ran for 500 yards and 5 more touchdowns. I think BYU gives him a shot at QB but he may need to grow a little (He has a sister that is 6', Jake is 6'5, and both his parents are very tall, so hopefully he is not done growing).
    *Banned*

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Since 2010 is pretty much wrapped up, on to 2011.

BYU landed Alex Kuresa today. He is the younger brother of former cougar Jake Kuresa.

Alex is 6' 175 pounds, plays quarterback. Last year for Mt. Crest he threw for 3,550 yards, 39 tds, completed 68 percent of his passes and he also ran for 500 yards and 5 more touchdowns. I think BYU gives him a shot at QB but he may need to grow a little (He has a sister that is 6', Jake is 6'5, and both his parents are very tall, so hopefully he is not done growing).
    Wow. This really surprises me given his size. But I absolutely love this kid. I watched Mountain Crest lose to Timpview in the playoffs each of the last three years (he started as a freshman), but it was never his fault. He is amazing.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Wow. This really surprises me given his size. But I absolutely love this kid. I watched Mountain Crest lose to Timpview in the playoffs each of the last three years (he started as a freshman), but it was never his fault. He is amazing.
      I agreee. He is amazing.

Kuresa won't get a lot of hype - this thread is evidence of that - but if he stays healthy and is given an opportunity, he will be very good at BYU. While I follow recruiting, I don't excited about specific recruits because too many turn out to be busts, but I can say I am legitimately excited about this recruit.

Kudos to Bronco for getting it done.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        Kudos to Bronco for getting it done.
        Train keeps a rollin
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

i've never seen kuresa play, but is he capable of effectively playing anything other than qb (ie db)?
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by camleish View Post
            i've never seen kuresa play, but is he capable of effectively playing anything other than qb (ie db)?
            He played both ways in HS (not that way, sickos) and I believe he played DB. He just seemed OK as a DB, but I only saw a few games.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

BYU received two more commits today:

Moses Kaumatule a 6'1 235 pound D-end out of Bingham

and

Hunter offensive lineman Ului Lapauho.

They join Kuresa, Bingham Linebackers Manoa Pikula and Baker Pritchard as well as Pleasant Grove line backer Austin Heder as 2011 commits.
              *Banned*

Comment

and

They join Kuresa, Bingham Linebackers Manoa Pikula and Baker Pritchard as well as Pleasant Grove line backer Austin Heder as 2011 commits.
                Seems kind of small for a DE.
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                  Seems kind of small for a DE.

He's 13.

Comment

BYU has also offered Spanish Fork WR Travis Still 6'2 195 pounds, and American Fork O-lineman Ryker Matthews 6'6 280 pounds. Both of these Utah county all-stars also have Utah offers. (Still is rough around the edges he is a good kid but I think he ends up at Utah)
                    *Banned*

Comment

and

Are any of these early commits any good? I won't criticize Bronco's recruiting, but it does seem like there is a bunch of 2-star filler in the recently signed class that took up some valuable scholarships.

Comment

BYU has also offered Spanish Fork WR Travis Still 6'2 195 pounds, and American Fork O-lineman Ryker Matthews 6'6 280 pounds. Both of these Utah county all-stars also have Utah offers. (Still is rough around the edges he is a good kid but I think he ends up at Utah)
                        Sill's early comments suggest Utah, but you never know. Ryker seems like he'll be one of the true recruiting "battles" between Utah and BYU this year.
                        "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                          Sill's early comments suggest Utah, but you never know. Ryker seems like he'll be one of the true recruiting "battles" between Utah and BYU this year.
                          Part of me feels dirty for caring about recruiting at all, but a bigger part of me feels dirty for discussing the recruiting of a player almost a full year before signing day.

Assuming these kids redshirt, then go on a mission, that's four years before they play. By the time that happens, I could be either lying face-down in a mass grave or married with a kid. I'll leave it up to you to decide which is more likely.
                          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                            Part of me feels dirty for caring about recruiting at all, but a bigger part of me feels dirty for discussing the recruiting of a player almost a full year before signing day.

Assuming these kids redshirt, then go on a mission, that's four years before they play. By the time that happens, I could be either lying face-down in a mass grave or married with a kid. I'll leave it up to you to decide which is more likely.
                            Are those the only two options?
                            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                              Are those the only two options?
                              No, but they are the most glamorous.
                              "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                              "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Working...
                              X