Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you love Boise St's blue turf

Eastern Washington is rolling out red turf:

http://www.idahostatesman.com/boises...tate+Football)
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

I thought the NCAA banned this crap?

Comment

I absolutely hate the BSU blue turf. This looks like it might be even worse.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

This is crap. And unoriginal. I don't care for the smurf turf, but it's unique to their school. The NCAA shouldn't it.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
          I don't think the rule applied to D-1AA
          Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

I'm not that against Boise's blue turf. I hate it, and it's obnoxious, but it's kind of cool and unique and it's their thing. It would be sad if they made them change it.

Comment

I have long thought other schools would start copying the non-green turf.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                Wikipedia says otherwise:
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Blue is bad enough, but red is much worse. Our eyes evolved to be most comfortable looking at green things. Red is directly opposite on the color wheel. I imagine many headaches in their fans' future.

Comment

Originally posted by woot View Post
                    Blue is bad enough, but red is much worse. Our eyes evolved to be most comfortable looking at green things. Red is directly opposite on the color wheel. I imagine many headaches in their fans' future.
                    That's just it. Now they can blame the turf. Win-win.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      Wikipedia says otherwise:

luckily no one is taking advantage of it, at least that I will see on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by woot View Post
                        Are you serious? Green causes less eye strain? I have never heard this before. Are you joking?
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                          Are you serious? Green causes less eye strain? I have never heard this before. Are you joking?
                          I have heard that before.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            I have heard that before.
                            So do people from northern climes deal with white backgrounds better? ANd what mechanism results in more or less strain based upon the color of the object viewed? Is htis muscular or chemcial?
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                              So do people from northern climes deal with white backgrounds better? ANd what mechanism results in more or less strain based upon the color of the object viewed? Is htis muscular or chemcial?
                              My knowledge on this topic is very limited; mostly rumors and whatnot. For instance, I heard that surgical scrubs are green so that docs can look down to ease the strain from looking at red for long periods of time. Don't know what to think about that, but it wouldn't surprise me that we like to see green, since it generally represented good things back in the day. It would also explain our stupid insistence on planting grass everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X