Alarms constantly beeping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarms constantly beeping?

Who has that problem? I was able to get ones in my home fixed so they don't beep as much. But some will let of beeps at random times. That must mean there battery is going down and not doing itis job.

Originally posted by grapevine View Post
    Who has that problem? I was able to get ones in my home fixed so they don't beep as much. But some will let of beeps at random times. That must mean there battery is going down and not doing itis job.
    That is exactly what it means. It is the built in warning system to let you know to check them.

That is why the government recommends to change them with the time change. Unless you are in Arizona. Then your house will just burn down.

Comment

If the alarm is old and you've changed the battery recently enough that it shouldn't be beeping, it could be a sign that your smoke detector is past it's expiration date.
      "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
      —Abraham Maslow

Comment

Hey just a quick question. We're replacing a faulty smoke detector. I read somewhere that if you replace one hard wired detector, you have to replace all the others in the house. Is that true? Or can I just replace the one?
        "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
        —Abraham Maslow

Comment

Originally posted by WashingtonCoug View Post
          Hey just a quick question. We're replacing a faulty smoke detector. I read somewhere that if you replace one hard wired detector, you have to replace all the others in the house. Is that true? Or can I just replace the one?
          As long as it is the same make and model, I do not see any issues.
          I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure that I'll be able to find this make and model. Most likely I'll need to change out all of them then?
            —Abraham Maslow

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure that I'll be able to find this make and model. Most likely I'll need to change out all of them then?
              I have never heard that, but I have never tried to change mine out. Why would you need to change them all out?
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Something about how they are wired through the house. They connect to each other so if something happens with one the others go off as well. At least that's my idea of why they would all need to be replaced.
                —Abraham Maslow

Comment

Something about how they are wired through the house. They connect to each other so if something happens with one the others go off as well. At least that's my idea of why they would all need to be replaced.
                  Hmmm. I am no expert on this and my system is old but mine are not connected to each other at all. They are each connected back to the alarm box so that each is its own circuit. When a sensor is tripped it makes that particualr circuit open and so the alarm sounds. I am pretty sure in my system you could change out one without a problem. But, like I said, it is pretty old and I have no expertise at all.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I'm off to Lowes.
                    —Abraham Maslow

Comment

my microwave. I *hate* it. It came with the house. Beeps every thirty seconds until you take out whatever you just microwaved. Drives me crazy. Sounds like somebody's beating a roadrunner in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                        my microwave. I *hate* it. It came with the house. Beeps every thirty seconds until you take out whatever you just microwaved. Drives me crazy. Sounds like somebody's beating a roadrunner in there.
                        Why don't you just take the crap out of the microwave? It's done.
                        There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
                        Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)

Tomorrow is Saturday
                        And Sunday comes afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by landpoke View Post
                          Why don't you just take the crap out of the microwave? It's done.
                          Because it's TEA. It has to sit for 5 minutes anyway, and it might as well sit (quietly) in the microwave!

Comment

Working...
                          X