X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Projection

Austin Collie, WR, BYU
    Projected: Second day
    Good or bad move? Among the nation's leading receivers, he was big even when the team was struggling, catching 21 passes for 223 yards in the two losses to Utah and Arizona. He went over the 100-yard mark in 11 straight games and finished with 106 catches for 1,538 yards and 15 touchdowns, so the production is there. However, despite having decent functional speed, he'll have to run well in the combine to be a first-day pick. The 24-year-old spent a few years on a church mission. - Fox Sports.com

I would be surprised if collie went on day 2
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Kruger and Smith are projected 2nd rounders
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
      Austin Collie, WR, BYU
      Good or bad move? Among the nation's leading receivers, he was big even when the team was struggling, catching 21 passes for 223 yards in the two losses to Utah and Arizona. He went over the 100-yard mark in 11 straight games and finished with 106 catches for 1,538 yards and 15 touchdowns, so the production is there. However, despite having decent functional speed, he'll have to run well in the combine to be a first-day pick. The 24-year-old spent a few years on a church mission. - Fox Sports.com

1st day is only round 1 and 2, Collie will go in round 4-5 in my opinion.

I will not project anything for Smith or Kruger as I am sure I will be wrong as always.
      *Banned*

Comment

Collie is a steal of a day-2 pick, if i've ever seen one. However, if his combine speed is what is going to push him into day 1, he'd better start preparing himself to be a second-day pick.

On a semi-related note, now that they have changed the draft pick times, how many rounds do they get through on day 1?
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          Collie is a steal of a day-2 pick, if i've ever seen one. However, if his combine speed is what is going to push him into day 1, he'd better start preparing himself to be a second-day pick.

On a semi-related note, now that they have changed the draft pick times, how many rounds do they get through on day 1?
          They only do 2 rounds on Day 1.
          *Banned*

Comment

Also let me add that I expect almost all draft boards to be shaken up after the combine.
            *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
              Also let me add that I expect almost all draft boards to be shaken up after the combine.
              Exactly. You'll have some guy from Mary Mother of the Poor U. drop a 4.3 flat and get hyped.

Collie's strength is in his route running. That will get him attention. He can be a possession receiver and have a good career.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                They only do 2 rounds on Day 1.
                When did they start that?

Comment

When did they start that?
                  Last year. Thats when they changed the times from 15 minutes in the first round to 10 and 5 in the 2nd round, after the first round in the 2006 draft was 6 hours long.
                  *Banned*

Comment

Austin Collie, WR, BYU

What more could Collie have proved by staying? Nothing, IMO. I think it was a good move either way, although I am bummed by him leaving.

I think he'll be picked in the 3-4 range, and will have a chance to produce. Collie's strengths, as mentioned before, are his physicalness and his crisp route running. He isn't tall for a WR and isn't overly fast, but he will work hard and I have a hard time not seeing him make a team and succeed.

Comment

Working...
                    X