PDA

View Full Version : Hope for BYU...

ERCougar
11-17-2008, 04:41 PM
Some interesting stats from the MWC site:

Pass Defense - Utah 4th, BYU 5th
Is Johnson really going to "pick us apart"?

Utah has one more sack on the year than BYU (9-8). One. There is no reason to think they'll get pressure on Hall. TCU has 28, AFA 21, Utah 9. Max picks apart defenses who don't pressure him.

Most things favor Utah, granted. But Utah's offense is certainly not stellar and BYU's defense is not as bad as everyone's saying. Utah should be scared of Max without pressure.

Flystripper
11-17-2008, 04:47 PM

Utah has one more sack on the year than BYU (9-8). One. There is no reason to think they'll get pressure on Hall. TCU has 28, AFA 21, Utah 9. Max picks apart defenses who don't pressure him.

Most things favor Utah, granted. But Utah's offense is certainly not stellar and BYU's defense is not as bad as everyone's saying. Utah should be scared of Max without pressure.

I think this game is a shootout. The winner going to the team that does not turn the ball over. My hope is that Johnson has the same propensity to turn the ball over that he has had the whole year. If he turns it over BYU wins. If he does not turn it over the Utes win.

Fiyero
11-23-2009, 02:20 PM

Utah was terrified of Max.

falafel
11-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Utah was terrified of Max.

C'mon Fiyero! Leave ER alone.

JohnnyLingo
11-23-2009, 03:33 PM
I think this game is a shootout. The winner going to the team that does not turn the ball over. My hope is that Johnson Hall doesn't have the same propensity to turn the ball over that he has had the whole year. If he turns it over BYU Utah wins. If he does not turn it over the Utes Cougars win.

This is fairly prescient with a few edits.