X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boylen's recruiting prowess

Wow.

http://www.metroplexhoops.com/rankings.php
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Boylen pwns the greater Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex area!

Fools better step off!
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I wish he could get a top 5 recruit out of the Seattle area.

There are some crazy good HS hoopsters in the region right now.

I saw Josh Smith play the other night. He is a beast and the top rated kid in the nation for '10 (Seattle will produce the nation's top FB and BB recruit in 10)

Comment

I wish BYU could get PG County recruit. Anybody see the article in SI a few weeks ago about the recruits coming out of there?

I worked with a kid who grew up with a bunch of those guys. He actually played ball at Appalachian State. This kid was nasty too. Crazy handles and he'd tell me all kinds of stories about balling it up with playground legends and he's played with them all. Of all the guys he's played with and against he said the best was Stephon Marbury which surprised me. He said if you were on Starbury's team you had better keep your eyes open and hands up because he would throw lazer passes that nobody saw coming.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

Here is a NYT article on Seattle HS hoops

The growth of basketball here reached new heights in recent years. In back-to-back summers, the two main A.A.U. teams — Rotary Select and Friends of Hoop — put together college level teams that featured a combined five N.B.A. and seven Division I college players.
          Crawford also put together a team — himself, Roy, Robinson and Hawes — that went to the championship street ball game in 2006 at Rucker Park in Harlem. Afterward, all anyone asked about was Seattle basketball.
          http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/23/sp...ewanted=1&_r=2

Comment

Originally posted by 8BR View Post
            Here is a NYT article on Seattle HS hoops

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/23/sp...ewanted=1&_r=2
            I bet Dallas isn't chopped liver. Did you see those Memphis, Kentucky, Texas and OK State commits below Utah's?

Why is Seattle so strong? The weather? Our population isn't huge, not LA, not even Dallas huge, and our demographic. . .uh. . . it's not one that normally produces a lot of great basketball talent.
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

I wish he could get a top 5 recruit out of the Seattle area.

There are some crazy good HS hoopsters in the region right now.

I saw Josh Smith play the other night. He is a beast and the top rated kid in the nation for '10 (Seattle will produce the nation's top FB and BB recruit in 10)
              Josh Smith? Which HS?
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                Josh Smith? Which HS?
                He plays in SE King County - at Kentwood. Same HS Rodney Stuckey (Pistons) attended. We have a family friend on the team and went out and watch them last week.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...=64551&Sport=2

SU is right; the Sound is really not a very big metro area. And the population centers within it that generate most of the D1 and NBA talent are very small. Most of the talent is in the Metro League - at 'Beach, Franklin, Seattle Prep or O'Dea.

Bellevue is also very good this season with the sons of a few former pro athletes on their squad. They just blew through a California tourney over the holidays.

It's funny, with no Sonics in town (how's that working out for you OKC?) I'm paying a lot of attention to local NCAA and HS hoops. I'm even trying to get out to games. Hey, at least they're much cheaper to attend.
                Last edited by 8BR; 01-14-2009, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Now he's just gotta coach 'em up.
                  "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                    Will he be the Wayne Howard of Utah hoops? A pretty good coach whose emotional instability and poor timing doomed him to a mediocre performance before he is fired or resigns unable to escape the long shadow that is BYU?

I mean what kind of luck must a Ute coach have to land the top and #8 recruit from the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex and yet the BYU coach can outrecruit him with the top two players from Utah County? That, my friends, is some real shitty luck and my mind struggles to fathom how low the probability of that happening must be!
                    Last edited by Goatnapper'96; 01-14-2009, 07:49 AM.
                    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

He plays in SE King County - at Kentwood. Same HS Rodney Stuckey (Pistons) attended. We have a family friend on the team and went out and watch them last week.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...=64551&Sport=2
                      Interesting. I used to live in the Seattle area. I used to go watch Stuckey all the time at Kentwood. Back then Kentridge (where my niece went to school) had a good player by the name of Joey Henley (went to Sacred Heart to play ball) and he and Stuckey used to have some nice battles despite Stuckey being a year or two younger.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                        Will he be the Wayne Howard of Utah hoops? A pretty good coach whose emotional instability and poor timing doomed him to a mediocre performance before he is fired or resigns unable to escape the long shadow that is BYU?

I mean what kind of luck must a Ute coach have to land the top and #8 recruit from the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex and yet the BYU coach can outrecruit him with the top two players from Utah County? That, my friends, is some real shitty luck and my mind struggles to fathom how low the probability of that happening must be!
                        What long shadow of BYU?
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                          What long shadow of BYU?
                          Not very long at all, but until you folks get out of Idaho State's shadow you won't know how limited the BYU shadow is. One step at a time, Sweet Jesus!

Still got feel for Boylen, he comes to Utah as a crazy time when Utah County is supplying athletic kids like Haws, Emery, the Collinsworths and Davies. Seriously, like what are the odds of that?

Will Marshall Henderson be any better than Mike Rose?
                          Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                          -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                          -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Will Marshall Henderson be any better than Mike Rose?
                            Yes he will, because he doesn't look like a Garbage Pail Kid.

He does, however, look like a deacon.

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post

THe difference is Mike Rose is no Lavelle Edwards. Your two Utah county kids are probably overrated. They have not had near the competition as Marshall Henderson.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Working...
                              X