• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1280 is reporting that Kwhit turned down the Tennessee Job

He turned down 3-4 million per year.

His wife tweeted about 3 hours ago "Vol Nation.......hmmmmmmmm."

Then tweeted about 30 minutes ago: "Money isnt everything"

Lya Wodraska is reporting he was officially offered the job and turned it down.
    *Banned*

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post

Wow.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

I think he is a lifer at Utah...
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

This also is a relief for the U, because now Whit is sure to decline the raise they will offer him to keep him happy. Because, you know, money isn't everything....

sigpic

Comment

Good for him and good for the U. It is obvious Kyle learned many important lessons during his formative undergrad years.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            This also is a relief for the U, because now Whit is sure to decline the raise they will offer him to keep him happy. Because, you know, money isn't everything....
            He should have said..."An extra 2-3 million isn't everything when you're already making 1.5 million."
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

I think he is a lifer at Utah...
              He might be a Utah lifer, but there are certainly better coaching gigs than Tennessee and their expectations.

Comment

I'm all choked up. Thinking about that BYU mob at LES that punched her and knocked her down and kicked her I am almost berzerk!!!!!
                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                  I'm all choked up. Thinking about that BYU mob at LES that punched her and knocked her down and kicked her I am almost berzerk!!!!!
                  We all know that there is really only one job that would cause Whit to leave Utah. My guess is that Whit is biding him time until Bronco goes to the NFL.

sigpic

Comment

There obviously is alot of talk about this on UteZone. The feeling is that Utah will lose Whittingham to the NFL, even for less money, before he takes another college job. I could see him putting out feelers once his youngest is further along in school. NFL coaching(esp as assistants) can be murder on a family.

EDIT-Although, I think the Tennessee job would have been tougher to turn down in 4 years than it is now.
                    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                      There obviously is alot of talk about this on UteZone. The feeling is that Utah will lose Whittingham to the NFL, even for less money, before he takes another college job. I could see him putting out feelers once his youngest is further along in school. NFL coaching(esp as assistants) can be murder on a family.

EDIT-Although, I think the Tennessee job would have been tougher to turn down in 4 years than it is now.
                      I think Whit may be gone sooner than some think. He did throw his own hat in the ring for the USC job. He did interview for the Tennessee job as well. He is obviously keeping his options open.
                      *Banned*

Comment

The feeling is that Utah will lose Whittingham to the NFL, even for less money, before he takes another college job.
                        I just don't think he found the Tennessee job attractive. Other college jobs could entice him.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                          I just don't think he found the Tennessee job attractive. Other college jobs could entice him.
                          He probably saw that Rocky Top youtube video and decided that he didn't want to be associated with hillbillies and moonshiners.

Whit contacts SC, though.

As Junkie said, Whit is keeping one eye on the door.

Speaks volumes about the relative prestige of the 3 institutions.

sigpic

Comment

He probably saw that Rocky Top youtube video and decided that he didn't want to be associated with hillbillies and moonshiners.

Whit contacts SC, though.

As Junkie said, Whit is keeping one eye on the door.

Speaks volumes about the relative prestige of the 3 institutions.
                            So SC>Utah>Tennessee.... I think as a fan I can live with that.

I am surprised he didn't take the money and go. I would not have blamed him one bit if he had. 15 mil is a big number to decline.
                            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

So SC>Utah>Tennessee.... I think as a fan I can live with that.

I am surprised he didn't take the money and go. I would not have blamed him one bit if he had. 15 mil is a big number to decline.
                              Would've been interesting to have him and Urban and Dan Mullen all coaching against each other in the SEC.

I think Whitt will always listen, and there's nothing wrong with listening, but he'll be here as long as he wants to be and should be one of the highest paid coaches in the league year in and year out.

I would be interested to know how attractive he'd find an NFL defensive coordinator job because I suspect that is what he'd go for before getting a HC gig.
                              "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Working...
                              X