PDA

View Full Version : Senator Hatch has asked President Obama to invite Boise State to the white house.....

cougjunkie
01-14-2010, 01:55 PM
In fact he has asked from here on out to invite all undefeated teams.

Is this disrespectful to Alabama?

il Padrino Ute
01-14-2010, 01:58 PM

No, it's not disrespectful to Alabama at all. The Tide are still considered the fake national champions.

jay santos
01-14-2010, 01:58 PM

Did this come as a result of someone on CB asking John Haddow to propose this idea to Hatch? If so, pretty cool. Even if Haddow's one of the biggest pricks on the internet.

TripletDaddy
01-14-2010, 01:59 PM
He should invite all undefeated teams but that doesn't mean he has to be there for anyone but the National Champions.

The others are free to come to the White House, take the tour, meet Joe Biden, etc.

DrumNFeather
01-14-2010, 02:00 PM

Probably not. Senator hatch is the known champion for the "little guy."

Portland Ute
01-14-2010, 05:44 PM

That BYU loving carpet bagger from Pennsylvania is a year too late.

Thanks Hatch for worrying more about a truck driving school from the gem state than the flagship of the state which you pretend to represent.

Fiyero
01-14-2010, 06:23 PM
That BYU loving carpet bagger from Pennsylvania is a year too late.

Thanks Hatch for worrying more about a truck driving school from the gem state than the flagship of the state which you pretend to represent.

Why do some Ute fans have such a hard time watching someone else receive accolades?

Maybe it's time to one-up the undefeateds and launch Operation: publicly encourage Bama and Boise to donate the DC travel funds to Haiti, ha that'll show 'em.

SeattleUte
01-14-2010, 06:52 PM
Oh brother. I think Obama must have better things to do than meet with any sports team. Do you know who started this silly practice? Nixon. He met with that all-white Texas team in 1969. I think if this is what's on Hatch's mind today Utahns need to get a new Senator.

Shaka
01-14-2010, 06:59 PM
Oh brother. I think Obama must have better things to do than meet with any sports team. Do you know who started this silly practice? Nixon. He met with that all-white Texas team in 1969. I think if this is what's on Hatch's mind today Utahns need to get a new Senator.

Is it not possible to have more than one thing on your mind?

il Padrino Ute
01-14-2010, 09:01 PM

Oh brother. You're really <redacted> in the head some days.

As for Texas being the first team invited to the White House, is that true? I remember seeing the footage in Forrest Gump when Tom Hanks was put into the footage with the 1961 champion Alabama team that was meeting with JFK. Was that not at the White House?

All-American
01-14-2010, 09:15 PM
For everybody who is so concerned with what the Senator is doing with his time, or whether Congress has other matters with which to be concerned:

1. Name your Senators and your Representative in Congress.
2. State the name and effect of a piece of legislation which they are sponsoring during this legislative session.

If you cannot do both of the above, you have no right to complain about how your legislators spend their time.