PDA

View Full Version : Soccerman handle is wrong

SeattleUte
01-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Admins., I don't think soccerman should be able to use soccerman as his handle. It's deceptively similar to soccermom, a Lanham Act violation. I don't like being misled even for a second into thinking that soccermom has turned into a jerk.

Jeff Lebowski
01-12-2010, 04:28 PM
I agree. I will contact him.

creekster
01-12-2010, 04:32 PM
I agree. I will contact him.

Maybe he could put a space between the words, or captialize Man, or somethign small, just so it looks different on the page.

SeattleUte
01-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Maybe he could put a space between the words, or captialize Man, or somethign small, just so it looks different on the page.

I would not object to that.

creekster
01-12-2010, 04:37 PM
I would not object to that.

Thank you. That is very magnanimous.

Donuthole
01-12-2010, 04:37 PM
In fairness to soccerman, his handle is not capitalized like that of Soccermom. That makes it pretty easy to distinguish between the two, IMO.

Jarid in Cedar
01-12-2010, 04:46 PM
In fairness to soccerman, his handle is not capitalized like that of Soccermom. That makes it pretty easy to distinguish between the two, IMO.

If you don't ignore Avatars, there is no question. That box thing triggers my video-induced seizures and should be banned immediately for health reasons.

Coach McGuirk
01-12-2010, 04:50 PM
If you don't ignore Avatars, there is no question. That box thing triggers my video-induced seizures and should be banned immediately for health reasons.

agreed. I have him on ignore till then. It triggers a headache for me. I don't know whether he is a jerk or not.

Soccermom
01-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Admins., I don't think soccerman should be able to use soccerman as his handle. It's deceptively similar to soccermom, a Lanham Act violation. I don't like being misled even for a second into thinking that soccermom has turned into a jerk.

After the Vikings win the Super Bowl and Brett Favre has his weeks of ESPN coverage, I will return to my Gwyneth avatar. Perhaps that will minimize confusion. I would hate for anyone to mistakenly think that I am a jerk.

falafel
01-12-2010, 08:35 PM
ORIGINAL POST DELETED
-YOhio

Whew! It so much easier when people give their consent.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
01-12-2010, 08:39 PM
ORIGINAL POST DELETED
-YOhio

Yikes, at least you aren't acting like a roll of toilet paper, when you use an easily confusable name to one of the better people on the board.

SeattleUte
01-12-2010, 10:13 PM
After the Vikings win the Super Bowl and Brett Favre has his weeks of ESPN coverage, I will return to my Gwyneth avatar. Perhaps that will minimize confusion. I would hate for anyone to mistakenly think that I am a jerk.

I am looking forward to Gwyneth's return.

soccerMAN
01-14-2010, 01:59 PM
I have had a change of heart.

TripletDaddy
01-14-2010, 02:04 PM
Why has this been handled in such an open and shut fashion? I propose that Soccermom and soccerman engage in a soccer-related skills test to prove which of the two is more deserving of the moniker.

Passing, dribbling, and juggling will all be fair game in the skills test.

If, at the end of the skills test, there is a tie, the tie breaker will be a series of exultant jersey removals, choreographed by each person. The most creative exultant jersey removal will be declared the winner.

The winner will have the choice to assume posting as either "Soccermom" or "soccerman."

The loser will be required to re-register under a different moniker if he or she wishes to continue to post here. If the loser fails to re-register, he or she may continue to lurk. There is no registration requirement to lurk.

UtahDan
01-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Seriously. Delete my account please.

Don't let SU beat you down. Show some gana.

creekster
01-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Why has this been handled in such an open and shut fashion? I propose that Soccermom and soccerman engage in a soccer-related skills test to prove which of the two is more deserving of the moniker.

Passing, dribbling, and juggling will all be fair game in the skills test.

If, at the end of the skills test, there is a tie, the tie breaker will be a series of exultant jersey removals, choreographed by each person. The most creative exultant jersey removal will be declared the winner.

The winner will have the choice to assume posting as either "Soccermom" or "soccerman."

The loser will be required to re-register under a different moniker if he or she wishes to continue to post here. If the loser fails to re-register, he or she may continue to lurk. There is no registration requirement to lurk.

I think we need to investigate a little more firsdt. Perhaps We should split up the events base don what each one really meatn by their moniker. We could have some multiple child shuttling between games and use of electric reaer minivan doors with an automatic DQ if the doors beep from the van being put into gear too soon; and best false cheering for the obnoxious kid who your son just took out but who managed to get back up anyway; best referree batiing; best post game treats. Or, for SoccerMan, perhaps we could have best beer swilling on a barcalounger, best irritation at an obvious faked injury inducing a yellow card against your team, or best pretending to care about a world cup match between two nations you can't find on a map.

Or, we could stick with the ones you suggest.

beelzebabette
01-14-2010, 03:20 PM
I think we need to investigate a little more firsdt. Perhaps We should split up the events base don what each one really meatn by their moniker. We could have some multiple child shuttling between games and use of electric reaer minivan doors with an automatic DQ if the doors beep from the van being put into gear too soon; and best false cheering for the obnoxious kid who your son just took out but who managed to get back up anyway; best referree batiing; best post game treats. Or, for SoccerMan, perhaps we could have best beer swilling on a barcalounger, best irritation at an obvious faked injury inducing a yellow card against your team, or best pretending to care about a world cup match between two nations you can't find on a map.

Or, we could stick with the ones you suggest.
:applause:

Art Vandelay
01-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Seriously. Delete my account please.

Shocking...that's not like a soccer player to show such histrionics with so little provocation. Are you sure we don't need pull a stretcher out to remove you only to watch you rise like Lazarus when the healing power of Gatorade first touches your lips? I'm also a little hazy how injury time works on CUF, does anyone know?

Soccermom
01-14-2010, 04:15 PM

If I lose I think I will come back as TripleDandy.

TripletDaddy
01-14-2010, 04:16 PM
If I lose I think I will come back as TripleDandy.

mods, please delete this abusive post.

also, please reinstate "soccerman" and please permanently ban "Soccermom."

thanks.

Soccermom
01-14-2010, 04:18 PM
mods, please delete this abusive post.

also, please reinstate "soccerman" and please permanently ban "Soccermom."

thanks.

Thanks for expediting my name switch to TripleDandy! I will still let you be known as DDD. I'll take TTT.

soccerMAN
01-15-2010, 11:06 AM
So posting my password here didn't get me removed.
Whoever took my password, changed it and started posting for me didn't get me removed. (Although that was impressively fast)
Personal attacks didn't get me removed. (Probably because SU is, in fact, a giant herking moron)
I now have a single mission in life, and I will accomplish it.

soccerMAN
01-15-2010, 11:07 AM
Also that's some real original soccer smack. SU isn't a lonely moron here it seams.

SeattleUte
01-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Also that's some real original soccer smack. SU isn't a lonely moron here it seams.

Cyber Gary Gillmore. He's begging for the firing squad. soccermoron must know he's a terrible person.

TripletDaddy
01-15-2010, 11:21 AM
SU isn't a lonely moron here it seams.

We need a new forum called "Remedial English: common parlance, idioms, and colloquialisms"

I predict it would become our busiest category.

Art Vandelay
01-15-2010, 11:26 AM
We need a new forum called "Remedial English: common parlance, idioms, and colloquialisms"

Me really wants this two. Not only does I need it, but it would be more of a fingernails on the chalkboard category for Babs than Wuap's bedroom.

SeattleUte
01-15-2010, 11:28 AM

I think he was saying that your weak smack is a seam in the community that will ultimately lead it to splitting assunder, which has happened before. Maybe soccermoron is a student of history of sorts.

creekster
01-15-2010, 11:30 AM
I think he was saying that your weak smack is a seam in the community that will ultimately lead it to splitting assunder, which has happened before. Maybe soccermoron is a student of history of sorts.

I wish I could waive a wand and "wahlah" this would all be gone.

SeattleUte
01-15-2010, 11:35 AM
I wish I could waive a wand and "wahlah" this would all be gone.

:confused: You have that wand in hand.

creekster
01-15-2010, 11:36 AM

it was just a joke. You should read more threads.

TripletDaddy
01-15-2010, 11:36 AM

What I have posted let no man put asunder.

Also, nice spelling of "assunder." Perhaps you should check out our newest forum..."Remedial English: common parlance, idioms, and colloquialisms"

I wonder if your incorrect spelling was actually a Freudian slip....

soccerMAN
01-15-2010, 03:22 PM

Now that's more like it.

http://www.cougaruteforum.com/showpost.php?p=248663&postcount=18

soccerMAN
01-15-2010, 03:23 PM

This moron speaks the truth.
You do.

Art Vandelay
01-15-2010, 04:26 PM
This moron speaks the truth.
You do.

Your posts remind me of your avatar, it kind of makes sense but not really. And yes I get the irony of me stating this.

Jeff Lebowski
01-15-2010, 08:42 PM
So posting my password here didn't get me removed.
Whoever took my password, changed it and started posting for me didn't get me removed. (Although that was impressively fast)
Personal attacks didn't get me removed. (Probably because SU is, in fact, a giant herking moron)
I now have a single mission in life, and I will accomplish it.

OK, you win. Your account is under a permanent ban.

I also edited your moniker slightly to avoid confusion.

Jarid in Cedar
01-15-2010, 09:18 PM
OK, you win. Your account is under a permanent ban.

I also edited your moniker slightly to avoid confusion.

This has to be one of the most bizarre threads in my time on CUF.

TripletDaddy
01-15-2010, 09:20 PM
This has to be one of the most bizarre threads in my time on CUF.

there were others.

Jarid in Cedar
01-15-2010, 09:24 PM
there were others.

Do they predate 6/09?