Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news for Ute fans.

James Aiono is officially at the U.
    Last edited by Jarid in Cedar; 01-12-2010, 01:32 PM. Reason: Personal info on the link
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

I don't follow Utah recruiting...

What position? Is this a good get for you? Does he fill a need?

I only hate Utah when they are playing BYU.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
      I don't follow Utah recruiting...

What position? Is this a good get for you? Does he fill a need?

I only hate Utah when they are playing BYU.
      DE but may move to DT. He was the highest rated JC player(hush HL) last year and was supposed to enroll in the fall 2009, but didn't pass a class required for his AS. He passed it and a few others at Snow and is enrolled for Spring ball. he has 2 year eligibility left.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/utah/footbal...es-Aiono-82273
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
        DE but may move to DT. He was the highest rated JC player(hush HL) last year and was supposed to enroll in the fall 2009, but didn't pass a class required for his AS. He passed it and a few others at Snow and is enrolled for Spring ball. he has 2 year eligibility left.

Nice.

Congrats. You all had some health issues up front last year, so this may help.

Oh...and go ahead HL!

Comment

HL has returned to the fold. We need not fear him any longer.

Comment

Not only is he juco but he comitted to the U when he was in high school then had to go JUCO to get his academics up. junkie says this is the kiss of death. In fact, I think he's on junkie's list of prize Ute recruits who will never play a down. See also Star Lotulelei.
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
              I think is irrational hatred of JC transfers alas will be returning with him.

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                You believed that? He was just putting you losers on.

Comment

Speaking of star is he enrolling in the fall or earlier? I know he used his redshirt year to make sure he would graduate leaving him 3 to play 3?

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                    You believed that? He was just putting you losers on.
                    Wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by redrumu View Post
                      Speaking of star is he enrolling in the fall or earlier? I know he used his redshirt year to make sure he would graduate leaving him 3 to play 3?
                      Fall I beleive

-Rick Majerus

Comment

I think is irrational hatred of JC transfers alas will be returning with him.
                        I will keep quiet on this. Everyone knows my thoughts on JC transfers. I hope James is a good fit. It will be fun to see what he does this spring. There is an opening at right end that needs to be filled this spring and possibly at left end if Shelby is slow to recover from the torn ACL.
                        "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                          I will keep quiet on this. Everyone knows my thoughts on JC transfers. I hope James is a good fit. It will be fun to see what he does this spring. There is an opening at right end that needs to be filled this spring and possibly at left end if Shelby is slow to recover from the torn ACL.
                          It will be interesting to see if they return to a larger DE(Like Fanene) and try Aiono on the outside or try to convert him to DT. I think Shelby's injury was a devastating loss going into the end of the year. Hopefully he will be recovered by fall. there are going to be some interesting newcomers on the whole DL this spring with Trevor Reilly, Pele, Star, etc. I am curious if Kruger will go on a mission or stay. Cox was a surprise this year and probably fits the most surprising contributor list for the 2009 team.

-Rick Majerus

Comment

It will be interesting to see if they return to a larger DE(Like Fanene) and try Aiono on the outside or try to convert him to DT. I think Shelby's injury was a devastating loss going into the end of the year. Hopefully he will be recovered by fall. there are going to be some interesting newcomers on the whole DL this spring with Trevor Reilly, Pele, Star, etc. I am curious if Kruger will go on a mission or stay. Cox was a surprise this year and probably fits the most surprising contributor list for the 2009 team.
                            They thing they used to do with Fanane, Savage, Kaufusi and Ledbetter was they had an open end and a 5 technique. The 5 technique would go to the strong side 90% of the time and that is what Fanane and Savage played. Usually there was a Tight End on that side. Now that the Tight is almost a lost position to some of these teams, Utah has went away from that.
                            "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                              They thing they used to do with Fanane, Savage, Kaufusi and Ledbetter was they had an open end and a 5 technique. The 5 technique would go to the strong side 90% of the time and that is what Fanane and Savage played. Usually there was a Tight End on that side. Now that the Tight is almost a lost position to some of these teams, Utah has went away from that.
                              I would like to think we would go back when we play more traditional offenses(CSU, BYU, ND). I think our run defense has been pushed around some when playing teams with a TE, and the lack of beef plays into that.

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Working...
                              X