Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Harvey to return for senior season.

Harvey Unga, BYU's all-time leading rusher, will return for his senior year and not put in his name for the NFL draft, according to his father, Jackson Unga.

After receiving his evaluation from the NFL and meeting with a series of advisors, Unga made the choice to return to BYU and informed head coach Bronco Mendenhall and position coach Lance Reynolds this morning, according to Jackson Unga.

"This is a decision he made on his own after gathering as much information as he could," Jackson Unga said. "He believes he should return, get his degree, put all he can into his senior season in extending his record and helping the football team achieve its goals. He loves BYU and his coaching staff and believes it is in his best interest to take this path at this time in his career."
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...or-season.html
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Hack. Or am I the hack? Either way..... Hack!

Comment

Sweet!
      Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

I love it. I also heard that he felt he would miss the firesides and didn't want to give them up yet.

Comment

UNITY, BITCHES!!! I don't care if it was because he projected as a bust, he's back to torture and torment the conference yet again!
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Sweet.. Great news!!!

Comment

this will really help whoever the starter is next year to have a very capable back to hand off to and for screens and short passes. this is a good thing for byu. congrats

Comment

Huge news. That is really going to help the new qb ease in.

Comment

That's great! I am happy for the team, but a little bit nervous for Harvey. I hope he buys insurance.

Comment

So how does this affect people's projections for next year? I was hoping for 7-8 sans Harvey, though I was probably being optimistic. We're not going to be FSU, Utah or TCU next year, and UW is a toss up. The rest are all very winnable.
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

I kid you not, I am misty eyed right now.

Please let Heaps start now. Give him this year to gain experience handing the ball off to Harvey all year long.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

Good news for BYU and for the conference. I think this gives Heaps the best chance to start 4 years, IMO
                        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Very surprised Harvey is back. Very very surprised. Good for Harvey. He will help some of the young talent BYU has coming in learn the game.
                          "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

I had a feeling that when he hadn't made a decision this morning, he would be leaning towards coming back. If he would have been given a good report on his draft chances over the weekend it would have been a no brainer.
                            "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
                            —Abraham Maslow

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                              Very surprised Harvey is back. Very very surprised. Good for Harvey. He will help some of the young talent BYU has coming in learn the game.
                              He benefited greatly from having Manase Tonga in the backfield with him. Hopefully he feels like he wants to do the same for the new group of backs.
                              "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Working...
                              X