"Tim Tebow mission"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Tim Tebow mission"

I am tired of people equating Mormon missions with evangelical "mission trips" (e.g. stay in a hotel in Peru and go fill cavities for one week and ask the natives to accept Christ in exchange). Mormon missions are much more grueling and psychologically traumatic. I am really proud of Jake Heaps for comparing his non-mission to Tim Tebow's work.

I think Jake was merely pointing out that Tim Tebow's mission work doesn't remotely compare in arduousness to the average Mormon mission. Strong work, Jake.
    Last edited by SoonerCoug; 01-09-2010, 03:56 PM.
    That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

Here's Tebow's current mission:

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_N...Super_Bowl_Ad/

The anti-gay group Focus on the Family will air a TV ad during the Super Bowl on February 7, the Denver Post reports. The 30-second spot, which features University of Florida quarterback and 2007 Heisman Trophy-winner Tim Tebow and his mother, is supposed to be "life-and family-affirming," a group spokesman said.

Founded by James Dobson, the Colorado Springs, Colo.-based Focus on the Family is one of the most outspoken groups in opposition to equal rights for gay and lesbian people. It’s also a strong proponent of reparative therapy, which suggests that homosexuality can be "cured."

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
      His involvement with Focus on the Family is going to make it awkward when he and Riley Cooper come out of the closet.

Comment

Focus on the Family is not exactly an anti-gay group. They're pretty non-discriminatory in their xenophobia.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
          Focus on the Family is not exactly an anti-gay group. They're pretty non-discriminatory in their xenophobia.
          They are anti-gay plus, then?

Comment

Working...
          X