Army All American game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army All American game

Anybody else watching? Heaps has done well. He is even rocking the BYU on his eyeblack.

And the suspense is over.....the ROTC scholarship winner picked the TCU hat!
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Anybody else watching? Heaps has done well. He is even rocking the BYU on his eyeblack.

And the suspense is over.....the ROTC scholarship winner picked the TCU hat!

I am watching. Heaps has done well, nothing spectacular, in the limited time. I have not heard Apo's name at all. Are there any others in this game, eg ricky Heimuli?

Comment

Nice 40 yard pass by Heaps.

Comment

Great looking ball right there.
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Heaps first half wasn't anything great but that last throw was very nice.

Comment

Heaps played well. Made a few nice throws. Not his best effort I have seen. But I have seen enough of him otherwise to believe he's special.

Apo was thrown to once in the first quarter I think. The pass was broken up by the corner underneath and he took a hit in the back from the safety. I don't recall seeing him at all after that.

Heimuli was playing guard on the O-line most of the game.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

I thought he did as well ask can be expected in these type of games.

His first half play wasn't too impressive. The second half featured some very nice throws. He has great footwork and throwing mechanics. Also he has nice zip on short and medium range throws. On the negative side he was sailing some throws today. Hopefully that was just a result of nervousness and isn't an ongoing problem as it can lead to interceptions over the middle. He also underthrew a 45 yarder up the middle that was nearly picked.

There were a lot of rollouts. Unfortunately the defenses weren't allowed to blitz so it was tough to judge how he performed under pressure.

I'm excited to have Jake. This years quarterback derby should be very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                I thought he did as well ask can be expected in these type of games.

His first half play wasn't too impressive. The second half featured some very nice throws. He has great footwork and throwing mechanics. Also he has nice zip on short and medium range throws. On the negative side he was sailing some throws today. Hopefully that was just a result of nervousness and isn't an ongoing problem as it can lead to interceptions over the middle. He also underthrew a 45 yarder up the middle that was nearly picked.

There were a lot of rollouts. Unfortunately the defenses weren't allowed to blitz so it was tough to judge how he performed under pressure.

I'm excited to have Jake. This years quarterback derby should be very interesting.
                He rolled out to both sides and does so with ease. I really hope we see that implemented in the playbook. I miss the old Chow packages where we moved the pocket often. Heaps also runs the play action very well. His footwork as you mentioned is pretty amazing for a player his age. Compare him with what you saw of Sims in the UA bowl and it's night and day. Heaps has pretty good pocket presence. I liked how he stepped up when the pocket collapsed and hit Woods on that bomb down the sideline.
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  He rolled out to both sides and does so with ease. I really hope we see that implemented in the playbook. I miss the old Chow packages where we moved the pocket often. Heaps also runs the play action very well. His footwork as you mentioned is pretty amazing for a player his age. Compare him with what you saw of Sims in the UA bowl and it's night and day. Heaps has pretty good pocket presence. I liked how he stepped up when the pocket collapsed and hit Woods on that bomb down the sideline.
                  I only saw Sims in the UA game but if I had to judge only by these games I'd say he's a joke compared to Heaps.

I agree that BYU should use the rollout more. Nelson is also very good on the rollout. On his second throw Heaps rolled out to his right and overthrew an eight yard out. One moron in CB chat exclaimed, "Nelson couldn't make that throw". Those type of statements bug the crap out of me. Nelson can easily make that throw.

Using this game I'd judge Heaps arm strength at this point a little below Max's. No biggie, he's going to get stronger in college. Those that think he's got a John Walsh type gun are in for some disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                    I only saw Sims in the UA game but if I had to judge only by these games I'd say he's a joke compared to Heaps.

I agree that BYU should use the rollout more. Nelson is also very good on the rollout. On his second throw Heaps rolled out to his right and overthrew an eight yard out. One moron in CB chat exclaimed, "Nelson couldn't make that throw". Those type of statements bug the crap out of me. Nelson can easily make that throw.

Using this game I'd judge Heaps arm strength at this point a little below Max's. No biggie, he's going to get stronger in college. Those that think he's got a John Walsh type gun are in for some disappointment.
                    I've seen some of Sims just from being here in VA. But I watched him at the elite 11 camp and wasn't really impressed either. He's got a rocket for an arm though.

Hall's arm proved to be enough. Heaps arm is about the same. I am not worried.
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

You're right. He has a good enough arm right now. My point was that it's not a gun.

Comment

Heaps looked pretty good given the context. I think it's his position to lose.

Comment

I really like that player--Shriff Lloyd or something, who is going to Florida. I thought his play was fabulous and while not the next Michael Oher, I think he beat a lot of odds to be there. Even if you cut a sheet of brownies into 50, that still means he baked 40 batches of brownies.

I think those selection vignettes, where the player chooses the hat, is overrated and lame. It seems disrespectful to the schools not chosen, particularly when the player picks up and hat and throws it down. I hate when they all try to create suspense and take their time. Just pick the hat up already.

I was surprised at Mrs. Heaps' appearance. Nothing wrong, I just thought an ambitious mother would look more glamorous. She looked like a Relief Society president. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                            I was surprised at Mrs. Heaps' appearance. Nothing wrong, I just thought an ambitious mother would look more glamorous. She looked like a Relief Society president. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
                            I'll bet its hard to apply make up in a helicopter.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                              I think those selection vignettes, where the player chooses the hat, is overrated and lame. It seems disrespectful to the schools not chosen, particularly when the player picks up and hat and throws it down. I hate when they all try to create suspense and take their time. Just pick the hat up already.
                              The whole school selection thing was completely obnoxious.

Comment

Working...
                              X