Alabama on being the "favorites"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabama on being the "favorites"

I would have posted this the day before or the day of the Nat'l Championship game, but I have been sick lately and wasn't up to posting. So, here it is...

The other day I was watching Sports Center and they had one of those shorts on Alabama and their attitude towards the game. John Saunders opened the segment with, "Some people like being the favorites, others are not so sure...."

HA (This is when I sat up. They had my attention.).

Mark Ingram, Heisman Trophy Winner

“We don’t buy into this stuff that we’re a favorite, because we know they’re a great team blah blah blah.” Heard that one before- I actually happen to like Ingram. Glad Bama knew Texas was a "great" team though. It didn't serve them well to think the opposite in last years post season as we all know.

Greg McElroy

“When people put you on a pedestal, uhm, you tend to forget what it took for you to get up to that pedestal."

Nick Saban

“When somebody tells you that you’re a favorite in a game, just think to yourself, I’m being setup.” -This was my favorite by far. He looked straight at the camera with this bug-eyed expression- it was great. I rarely laugh out loud when I'm by myself, but that one did the trick.

Mike Johnson

“You can’t go in there thinking one way or another, you know what happened to us last year in the Sugar Bowl.” -Enough said, right? This was coming from the guy who ended up replacing Andre Smith in last years bowl game.

So, I'm not sure how much this can be discussed, but I thought it was funny/interesting.
    "75-10 the last two games? Is my math right? It's enough to make me reconsider my embrace of science over Christianity."--SU

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to have fumbled this football."
    -John Heisman

Originally posted by Coastal Ute View Post
    Mike Johnson

“You can’t go in there thinking one way or another, you know what happened to us last year in the Sugar Bowl.” -Enough said, right? This was coming from the guy who ended up replacing Andre Smith in last years bowl game.

So, I'm not sure how much this can be discussed, but I thought it was funny/interesting.
    Yep, just one of those nice moments in a sports fan's life.
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Working...
    X