Best team in the history of the MWC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best team in the history of the MWC

So with the TCU loss who is the best team in the history of the MWC.
    BYU 2001
    7.14%
    Utah 2004
    57.14%
    Utah 2008
    7.14%
    TCU 2009
    26.79%
    Other
    1.79%
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
    So with the TCU loss who is the best team in the history of the MWC.
    Utah '04
    TCu '09 is the 2nd best IMO despite the loss.
    "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
      Utah '04
      If I was ranking the teams by quality of the teams (which teams would win if they played on the field)

1) 2004 Utah
      2) 2009 TCU
      3) 2008 Utah

If I was ranking which teams had the best season

1) 2004 Utah
      2) 2008 Utah
      3) 2009 TCU
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
        Utah '04
        I agree. 2008 Utah played one very exceptional game with 5 weeks to prepare but 2004 left no doubt. 2004 Utah would have beaten 2008 Alabama without it being considered a major upset.
        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

10 votes for Utah 2004 and none for 2008?

SUMMON SEATTLEUTE!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBYUGuy View Post
            10 votes for Utah 2004 and none for 2008?

SUMMON SEATTLEUTE!
            I think he voted for '01 BYU to make BYU fans look bad.
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Before the Boise State game, I rank them TCU 2009, Utah 2004, tie Utah 2008/BYU 2006 (I think they were both about 8th best in the nation by the end of the season). I probably give the edge to Utah 2004 after the Boise State game, but I still feel like TCU would pound Boise if they played again.

Comment

I wonder how Utah's 2004 team would fare in 2010. What made that team so dominant was the margin of victory, plus the fact that the average lead after 3 quarters was even greater.

But keep in mind, that was the first time that Meyer's spread offense was unleashed in such a wide manner, much more so than what Bowling Green played in '02 or Utah's "simplified" version in '03. In '04, it was new and it caught defenses off guard. Now, all of FBS has faced it for years, and defenses are ready for it.

Comment

I know this is a MWC poll but where would Boise '06 and '09 come in on these rankings? I know a lot of people prior to thought TCU '09 was the best team ever from this conference and they were beat by BSU.

What are some thoughts?
                  "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                    Before the Boise State game, I rank them TCU 2009, Utah 2004, tie Utah 2008/BYU 2006 (I think they were both about 8th best in the nation by the end of the season). I probably give the edge to Utah 2004 after the Boise State game, but I still feel like TCU would pound Boise if they played again.
                    I don't see how anyone could rank BYU '06 equal to Utah '08. BYU did lose 2 games in '06 and played a weaker schedule than the Utes did in '08.
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

If I was ranking the teams by quality of the teams (which teams would win if they played on the field)

1) 2004 Utah
                      2) 2009 TCU
                      3) 2008 Utah

1) 2004 Utah
                      2) 2008 Utah
                      3) 2009 TCU
                      I agree with both rankings.

edit.....For better seasons I would put the Utah 2008 team as the best season. Beating a very respected team in THE SUG and final ranking to me is a better overall season than the 2004 team. I still think the 2004 team would take the 2008 team to the woodshed.
                      Last edited by CJF; 01-08-2010, 10:08 AM. Reason: Correction.
                      A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

I don't see how anyone could rank BYU '06 equal to Utah '08. BYU did lose 2 games in '06 and played a weaker schedule than the Utes did in '08.
                        I can. They were a different team after the first two losses. They finished the last ten games 10-0 with average score of 39 to 12.

You 2008 team was also a great team, just not quite as good as the record and the final game suggested.

Comment

1) 2004 Utah
                          2) 2009 TCU
                          3) 2008 Utah

1) 2004 Utah
                          2) 2008 Utah
                          3) 2009 TCU
                          What is this, the college football academy awards according to mpfunk?

Guess what, you funker, the AP poll, the USA Today poll, every computer including most notably the BSC computers, SAYS YOU'RE WRONG. Do you argue in your trial court briefs that the Supreme Court got it wrong? (You would have a better leg to stand on claiming that Utah was the NC last year in some polls.) You are undisciplined in your arguments and you're undermining that which you ought to defend. You should be disbarred from being a Ute fan, for incompetence, and violating your duty of loyalty.

Apparently this is your bald opinion, no reasoning, no evidence. What was 2009 TCU's final record? How many ranked teams did the 2004 Utes beat (what were they ranked when Utah beat them and in the final poll?)?

Your opinion is worthless. I suggest you delete it becaue it is just taking up bandwidth.

EDIT: meant to say the USA Today, not he UPI poll.
                          Last edited by SeattleUte; 01-08-2010, 10:25 AM.
                          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

If you say that 09 TCU is better than 08 Utah, or even that 08 Utah is better than 04, he can say that. What's the difference? You started this whole make believe, fanciful dialogue. He can say anything he wants, just like you have pulled right out of your ass opinions that fly in the face of every expert in the country.
                            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

BYU 2001 was badass. We beat a good non-bcs Tulane, an SEC team and a PAC-10 team. If Luke and Brian McDonald-Ashford wouldn't have gone down...

Comment

Working...
                              X