Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When does the MWC annouce the BSU addition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does the MWC annouce the BSU addition?

Do they do it the week after the NC game? Or do they wait a month or two until football fever dies down and they can get more coverage.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I just don't see it happening UNLESS it comes with a guaranteed BCS bid.

Comment

That's why I think it will come a few months from now. The BCS will give the auto bid with Boise in the mix, but they don't want to overshaddow their NC game. Wait until there's no more football news out there.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

You really think it's a possibility this year? That the MWC gets an auto bid with Boyzee? I just don't see it happening so soon. Maybe in 5 years, but not now.

Comment

I say don't let them in until they agree to give up the blue turf. The MWC will reimburse them half the cost to replace it, and the blue stuff can be donated to Boise City for use at a local park.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Why would BSU want to. They have proven they don't need to be in a different (better?) conference to get to the BCS and they are smart enough to realize they will significantly decrease their chances of returning as frequently. I would venture a guess that they would also be at the bottom of half of the conference in all other sports than football.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
              Why would BSU want to. They have proven they don't need to be in a different (better?) conference to get to the BCS and they are smart enough to realize they will significantly decrease their chances of returning as frequently. I would venture a guess that they would also be at the bottom of half of the conference in all other sports than football.
              I don't really know why they would either, but it seems like there have been a lot of reports that they'd jump at the chance, if given it. Maybe those are just CB reports.
              At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
              -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

They have (reportedly) said numerous times that they'd love to be in the MWC. I thought that much was a given. Sooner or later they're going to be penalized for their cupcake schedule. The Oregons of the world are not going to schedule them forever.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I think the time will come when they have to. But I agree with you in that now is not that time. They will be preseason top 10 (maybe top 5) and return all but a couple starters. They have a "road" game vs. VTech, and a home game against Oregon State. Other than that, they have a clear path to next year's BCS title game.

If they were to join the MWC, they'd have two more top-25ish roadies, as well as 1-2 home games against top-25ish teams.

I think they'll join (assuming the MWC wants them) after they have an undefeated or one-loss season and don't make a BCS bowl.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I'm sure excited by the prospects of one fewer OOC game and an unbalanced 5 home / 4 away or 4 home / 5 away conference schedule.

Let's only expand with Boise if we can get them on the same rotation that has us playing Boise, TCU, Utah and AFA on the road in the same year.
                    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

I think they'll join (assuming the MWC wants them) after they have an undefeated or one-loss season and don't make a BCS bowl.
                      You mean like last year?

If they join the conference a lot of their deepening scheduling problems will go away. They can afford to play University of Idaho and New Mexico State OOC.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        You mean like last year?

If they join the conference a lot of their deepening scheduling problems will go away. They can afford to play University of Idaho and New Mexico State OOC.
                        I don't disagree. But they're not going to screw with what appears to be a clear path to the BCS Championship next year. Which is why I don't think it will happen this offseason.

Comment

I don't really remember how the MWC formation went, but wouldn't this kind of decision have to be announced at least a year ahead of time? In that case, BSU keeps their current schedule for next year, then joins us for 2011.
                          At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

The BCS reps have stated that there will be no additional auto-bids given between now and the conclusion of the 2012 season, when the 11 conference strengths are reevaluated. Why add Boise in Jan 2010?

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              I don't disagree. But they're not going to screw with what appears to be a clear path to the BCS Championship next year. Which is why I don't think it will happen this offseason.
                              Even if they announced that they were joining the MWC right now, they would still play in the WAC next season.

Comment

Working...
                              X