New major?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New major?

I wonder what a degree in this gets you.

Originally posted by U-Ute View Post

Mastur's degree?
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by U-Ute View Post

I don't have actual stats to back it up, but I'd assume about 50% of all football players major in either Communication or something sports related (Rec Management, Sports Medicine, etc.). There is a reason they pick Communication and it's not just to be a sports analyst someday.

Edit: Ha, didn't see the misspelled word before posting. Sick and wrong.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I would say it will get him 5-7 years upstate for a sexual assault crime.
        I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

I think you'd have to consider the degree-granting institution in this case. Did you see the BSU girls on the sideline, compared to those from TCU? No way am I getting my cummunication degree from Boise.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I posted this in the game thread but no one even responded.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
              I saw it, but I didn't get it. I didn't notice the "u". I'll give you full credit.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I over-looked it. For some reason I was finding irony in the major and from where the athlete was from. It was wrong but I must admit that I was thinking it.
                I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Didn't Lee Cummard graduate with the same degree?
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I saw it and got it, made some dumb joke about how BSU couldn't even spell "Jaron" right, then deleted it.

I was impressed at the catch--you did it in real time.
                    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
                      I don't have actual stats to back it up, but I'd assume about 50% of all football players major in either Communication or something sports related (Rec Management, Sports Medicine, etc.). There is a reason they pick Communication and it's not just to be a sports analyst someday.

Edit: Ha, didn't see the misspelled word before posting. Sick and wrong.
                      Communications and sociology are the two go-to student athlete majors.
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

Communications and sociology are the two go-to student athlete majors.
                        Doesn't sociology have some amazingly low total credit hour requirement for graduation? I would imagine Comms has something similar.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                          I saw it and got it, made some dumb joke about how BSU couldn't even spell "Jaron" right, then deleted it.

I was impressed at the catch--you did it in real time.
                          I was more impressed with the girl playing the cow bell.

Comment

Originally posted by SloanHater View Post
                            I was more impressed with the girl playing the cow bell.
                            [YOUTUBE]o-r02-oZAW4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Y6oYj55TTpU[/YOUTUBE]
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm pretty sure the former BYU track athlete who originally claimed rape and then recanted was enrolled in this course with professor Braithwaite. CJ Ah You was a TA if I remember correctly.

Comment

Working...
                              X