Film of Adam James' Torture Shed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Film of Adam James' Torture Shed

A couple observations after watching this video by Adam James.
    [YOUTUBE]dZqvajnhZDU[/YOUTUBE]
    • Dirk Notwizki hooked up with Mrs. James?
    • The shed description does look a lot closer to what the James' described versus speculation it was really a film room.
    • Personally I think Leach was wrong, but I would suspect that Adam is a rich below average D-1 athlete who didn't like being yelled at which is the real crux of his complaints.

Here is a good article from the Houston Chronicle about the incident.
    Last edited by Art Vandelay; 12-31-2009, 09:35 AM.

From the Houston Chronicle article:

Leach's treatment of James wasn't about winning football games. It wasn't about maintaining discipline on the team.
    I was surprised to learn that team discipline had nothing to do with winning football games.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

That seriously looks like the office the city of Payson set up for me for my first job out of college. They just threw a computer setup in an electrical closet and called it good.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
        That seriously looks like the office the city of Payson set up for me for my first job out of college. They just threw a computer setup in an electrical closet and called it good.
        I'm shocked... Payson has computers and electricity?

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
          I'm shocked... Payson has computers and electricity?
          Computer, not computers. And all the knobs and doohickies didn't do anything, they were there just for show.

Comment

That looks scary! That poor, poor little boy!
            "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
            "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
            "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

I read an Op-ed piece in the Washington Post on Leach. The author, Sally Jenkins, referenced a time when one of Leach's players was not hitting the books hard enough. Leach put a desk out at midfield and told the kid to study while the rest of the team practiced. It was cold outside so the kid had to study with a big overcoat on. Jenkins point was that although his methods may be weird, there is nothing wrong with him as a coach, a teacher, and a motivator. I can see this kind of motivational tactic being lauded in one of those feel good sports movies.

This incident has so many angles to it, it's hard to make heads or tails. We're not going to know much more until Leach sits down and talks about it.
              "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

the thing i'm trying to figure out, but haven't seen any reports on, was whether this james kid actually saw a doctor and was diagnosed with a concussion. did this "confinement" have a deterimental effect on his health - i.e. make it worse? also, i wonder if leach is going to say anything more than just that he wishes he could tell his side of the story... i'm sure his attorney is telling him not to talk, but it would sure be nice if he would rather than wait for some lawsuit discovery to give his side of the story.

even if there was doctor's diagnosis, it seems to me that putting him in some kind of a shed and making him stand wasn't really cruel, unless the doctor told him to keep off his feet. i wonder what the doctor's orders re: practice, etc. were after the concussion...

if that video was taken while he was in the shed, he looks like he's doing okay.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeUte View Post
                  the thing i'm trying to figure out, but haven't seen any reports on, was whether this james kid actually saw a doctor and was diagnosed with a concussion. did this "confinement" have a deterimental effect on his health - i.e. make it worse? also, i wonder if leach is going to say anything more than just that he wishes he could tell his side of the story... i'm sure his attorney is telling him not to talk, but it would sure be nice if he would rather than wait for some lawsuit discovery to give his side of the story.

even if there was doctor's diagnosis, it seems to me that putting him in some kind of a shed and making him stand wasn't really cruel, unless the doctor told him to keep off his feet. i wonder what the doctor's orders re: practice, etc. were after the concussion...

if that video was taken while he was in the shed, he looks like he's doing okay.
                  I thought that I read or heard that he was diagnosed by a doctor but wouldn't return to the doctor for the tests that needed to be performed in order to be cleared to practice again. The NCAA has a very strict procedure that a player needs to pass with a doctor before he returns to the field to participate in football activities. From what I understand is he wouldn't go back to see the doctor to get back on the field and that is why he was being punished.

I also thought I saw a chair in there.
                  "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                    I also thought I saw a chair in there.
                    Even if you didn't see a chair in there (and you did), you also saw a floor in there.

Comment

Working...
                    X