BYU recruit gets and upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYU recruit gets and upgrade

Ross Apo has been upgraded to a 4 Star receiver by Scout. BYU's recruiting class is getting a lot of love. The most overlooked position in that class? DE. BYU has two 4 Star DEs coming in this year and DE, in my opinion, is a position that can really contribute early.

Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
    Ross Apo has been upgraded to a 4 Star receiver by Scout. BYU's recruiting class is getting a lot of love. The most overlooked position in that class? DE. BYU has two 4 Star DEs coming in this year and DE, in my opinion, is a position that can really contribute early.
    well, there go the conspiracy theories on stars.

Comment

BYU has two 4 Star DEs coming in this year and DE, in my opinion, is a position that can really contribute early.
      well...I think it depends on how the kid was used in HS and how physically mature the kid is. I admittedly don't know much about our recruits, though I have generally heard great things. If these DE's are coming from a HS 4-3 and they are now expected to play a DE in the 3-4 with inside gap responsibility, then the transition may take longer both in learning how to play inside, and not being physically mature enough to handle the inside responsibility.

However, that is all beside your main point! This does look like a very very talented recruiting class. It looks like this class will be the best ever in terms of star rankings.
      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Yeah, but what does Rivals.com rate him? I guess my point is that rankings are well and good for certain measurements, but you never know what you are going to get just based on ratings stars. Remember 5 star Ofa Mohetau? The fact of the matter is that I think Apo probably does rate at least 4 stars, but I want to see 4 star performance on the field in a couple of years and I think Bronco will bring that out. That is something I enjoy about Bronco's coaching; he seems to make the most of the personnel he gets.
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by John McClain View Post
          Yeah, but what does Rivals.com rate him? I guess my point is that rankings are well and good for certain measurements, but you never know what you are going to get just based on ratings stars. Remember 5 star Ofa Mohetau? The fact of the matter is that I think Apo probably does rate at least 4 stars, but I want to see 4 star performance on the field in a couple of years and I think Bronco will bring that out. That is something I enjoy about Bronco's coaching; he seems to make the most of the personnel he gets.
          Ofa was with out a doubt a 5 star talent. He was the most talented lineman I have ever seen at BYU. But upstairs he was a complete idiot.

(for those that dont know he now does MMA in california as well as working at the airport like most Polys )
          *Banned*

Comment

Working...
          X