Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kudos to both BYU and Utah for making this list....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudos to both BYU and Utah for making this list....

http://higheredwatch.newamerica.net/...rankings-25250

I'm not sure how relevant it is, but at least we both seem to be graduating our athletes.

U-Ute

giggle.

Comment

Originally posted by U-Ute View Post
      http://higheredwatch.newamerica.net/...rankings-25250

I'm not sure how relevant it is, but at least we both seem to be graduating our athletes.

U-Ute
      Originally posted by Babs View Post
      giggle.
      Jeeez, U-Ute, you're embarrassing us in front of the jocks!
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Of course they are ON the list. All top 25 teams in the BCS are on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Jeeez, U-Ute, you're embarrassing us in front of the jocks!
          Just like in high school, they laugh because they're insecure.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
            Of course they are ON the list. All top 25 teams in the BCS are on that list.
            winner winner chicken dinner!

scary that BYU comes in just behind Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
              winner winner chicken dinner!
              And Jeff Lebowski knows what your giggle was for.

Comment

Ah, I didn't quite catch that it was only the top 25 BCS teams related to each other.

Does this go towards Deseret Duel points?

U-Ute

Comment

Im not sure (Indy might know) but I think those stats count graduation rates over 5 years, so BYU players who serve a 2-year mission don't bolster the numbers for BYU. I think that the NCAA's Graduation Success Rate allows BYU to deduct from its calcs missionaries who leave school academically eligible, which increases it's graduation percentage, but BYU (and Utah) still don't get full credit for everyone they graduate.

Comment

Wow, good on Joe Pa. By far the best graduation rate, I imagine Solon has some positive influence also.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                      Wow, good on Joe Pa. By far the best graduation rate, I imagine Solon has some positive influence also.
                      and his wife!

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                        Im not sure (Indy might know) but I think those stats count graduation rates over 5 years, so BYU players who serve a 2-year mission don't bolster the numbers for BYU. I think that the NCAA's Graduation Success Rate allows BYU to deduct from its calcs missionaries who leave school academically eligible, which increases it's graduation percentage, but BYU (and Utah) still don't get full credit for everyone they graduate.
                        I think the overall graduation rate of the school, and the overwhelming whiteness of the program may be hurting them, too. If you read the details, the rankings were heavily skewed toward schools whose stats favor black athletes. BYU's black athletes graduate at the same rate as other black students, which sounds good until it's compared to schools that invest so much into their athletic academics that they're (in terms of ratios) graduating twice as many black athletes as black non-athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          How easy must it be to get a degree from Penn State?
                          A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Working...
                          X