I wonder if BSU fans are a little disconcerted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if BSU fans are a little disconcerted

Watching the WAC's second place team get dismantled tonight by the 3rd place(tied) CUSA team, and having had Fresno State get beaten by the 5th place MWC team, it occurred to me that maybe BSU fan is starting to wonder how good they actually are. With what the MWC has done so far, it makes TCU look all the better. Anyway, just some post Santa late night thoughts.

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
    Watching the WAC's second place team get dismantled tonight by the 3rd place(tied) CUSA team, and having had Fresno State get beaten by the 5th place MWC team, it occurred to me that maybe BSU fan is starting to wonder how good they actually are. With what the MWC has done so far, it makes TCU look all the better. Anyway, just some post Santa late night thoughts.
    Ho Ho Ho my good man.
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

BSU fans are too arrogant to be disconcerted.
      "75-10 the last two games? Is my math right? It's enough to make me reconsider my embrace of science over Christianity."--SU

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to have fumbled this football."
      -John Heisman

Comment

I hope Jerry Hughes disconcerts the s*!t out of that overrated Donkey offense.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ute View Post
          I think this is probably the case. They had one decent win against an Oregon team that just performed HORRIBLY. Then they ran the table against absolute crap - and struggled with a couple of them.

And their "WE'LL PLAY ANYONE" defense is weak. The real offer is "WE'LL PLAY ANYONE (for a million dollars)." It's not too surprising that BCS leagues aren't lining up for that one...

Comment

We probably got arrogant from kicking Utah's ass every time we played them.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
              Yeah probably. I too have found that there is always a good justification to be arrogant.

Utah last played Boise in 2006, and yes, we did get taken to the woodshed by a good Boise team. But before that game Boise had only beaten Utah by 1 score or less, so I'm not sure if that qualifies as a consistent "ass kicking". Aside from '06, it sounds like competitiveness to me!
              "75-10 the last two games? Is my math right? It's enough to make me reconsider my embrace of science over Christianity."--SU

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to have fumbled this football."
              -John Heisman

Comment

Yeah probably. I too have found that there is always a good justification to be arrogant.

Utah last played Boise in 2006, and yes, we did get taken to the woodshed by a good Boise team. But before that game Boise had only beaten Utah by 1 score or less, so I'm not sure if that qualifies as a consistent "ass kicking". Aside from '06, it sounds like competitiveness to me!
                Plus, and this is the real key here, if you played Utah in the McBride era, you actually wanted us to beat you. If we beat you it meant you were a pretty good team and we actually had to get up for the game. If we lost to you, it meant you pretty much sucked so we showed up and played like crap.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                  I guess I didn't realize you are a BYU and a BSU fan.

That's like someone being a Cowboys and Yankees fan.

Comment

Working...
                  X