The WAC exposed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The WAC exposed?

It's telling that Fresno was Boise's biggest test this year. I'd say Fresno and Wyoming are a close match, wouldn't you? How'd it be playing in a conference where your toughest game was Wyoming? Not to say Boise isn't a good team. Boise dominated the WAC. But so could have a lot of other teams cake walked through Boise's intraconference schedule, including Utah and BYU. Tonight's slaughter by SMU of Boise's other big test--Nevada--only confirms this.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Well, I agree.

Comment

Well, it's pretty clear at this point just how overrated the WAC is, however, I disagree with Nevada being Boise's biggest test. I watched a good portion of that game and there was no doubt who was in control and who was going to win. A better test for BSU was Tulsa, who if not for one misdirected pass would have beaten them.

CUSA>WAC

Can't wait to watch TCU dismantle Boise. Can't wait....
      "75-10 the last two games? Is my math right? It's enough to make me reconsider my embrace of science over Christianity."--SU

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to have fumbled this football."
      -John Heisman

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ute View Post

It's going to feel so good when BSU kicks TCU ass. Chris Peterson will have them ready. My only worry is that Pettis won't be ready to play but if he's out there it will be a good game.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
          It's going to feel so good when BSU kicks TCU ass. Chris Peterson will have them ready. My only worry is that Pettis won't be ready to play but if he's out there it will be a good game.
          Eww.

Comment

Dude... don't tell me you're another Eastern Idahoan on the Boise State bandwagon.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
              Dude... don't tell me you're another Eastern Idahoan on the Boise State bandwagon.
              If graduating from BSU over twenty years ago and following them ever since is jumping on the bandwagon then I am guilty.

Comment

If graduating from BSU over twenty years ago and following them ever since is jumping on the bandwagon then I am guilty.
                oh alright.

I came home to I.F. for Thanksgiving and all my older brother's kids have BSU gear. I lit into them and probably caused a rift in the family but I can't stand bandwagonism. When I was a kid, wearing BSU shirts in I.F. was unheard of and mocked, frankly.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ute View Post
                  Well, it's pretty clear at this point just how overrated the WAC is, however, I disagree with Nevada being Boise's biggest test. I watched a good portion of that game and there was no doubt who was in control and who was going to win. A better test for BSU was Tulsa, who if not for one misdirected pass would have beaten them.

CUSA>WAC

SMU proved the bowl absolute that CUSA>WAC, so the WAC and P10 really need to hope that TCU wins. Otherwise it goes CUSA>WAC>MWC>P10>Big 12.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

The Pac 10 getting embarassed is really getting to HFN, does it really bother you that much that one of your favorite teams conferences is doing well?

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                      SMU proved the bowl absolute that CUSA>WAC, so the WAC and P10 really need to hope that TCU wins. Otherwise it goes CUSA>WAC>MWC>P10>Big 12.
                      If you're looking at this from an all-time perspective, then I agree with you. If you're talking THIS season, then I disagree. The Pac-10 has really done nothing to impress me so far this year. Sure Oregon was pretty good, but keep in mind that they beat Utah by a whopping 7 points (Utah=3rd in MWC). And on top of that, I would say that the Big 12 was worse than the Pac 10 this year as a whole. Just my opinion though....
                      "75-10 the last two games? Is my math right? It's enough to make me reconsider my embrace of science over Christianity."--SU

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to have fumbled this football."
                      -John Heisman

Comment

Originally posted by Hsaru View Post
                        The Pac 10 getting embarassed is really getting to HFN, does it really bother you that much that one of your favorite teams conferences is doing well?
                        You troll me, I troll you with the same response. Bowl wins prove everything.

I am happy for the MWC. I think some of the CB, UFN, CUF attitude is a little silly. The best 3 teams in the MWC are very good, and for the last few years have been legit top 20 or higher teams. People here tend to overlook that BYU was totally disinterested in the VEG last year when they got beat by an average at best Arizona team, or when the need a blocked PAT to beat the worst team in the history of the P10. But want to make countless posts about how ESPN is so awful for saying P10 teams are disinterested.

I can poke back, when others are poking can't I?

Merry Christmas, I just hope that USC beats BC tomorrow so that the P10 can still be better than the ACC.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

Husky, I think you made some good points (especially in regards to some of the silliness), but I think we're all looking at this years bowl results, hence the Oregon State game.

-John Heisman

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                            Merry Christmas, I just hope that USC beats BC tomorrow so that the P10 can still be better than the ACC.
                            Uh...if SC loses to BC, I'd say they may actually have a tough time winning that argument.
                            At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                            -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                              oh alright.

I came home to I.F. for Thanksgiving and all my older brother's kids have BSU gear. I lit into them and probably caused a rift in the family but I can't stand bandwagonism. When I was a kid, wearing BSU shirts in I.F. was unheard of and mocked, frankly.
                              Wearing BSU gear anywhere but Boise should be mocked.
                              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X