• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I want for Christmas (bowl wise)

1. Air Force Wins.
    2. TCU destroys BSU.
    3. Alabama destroys Texas.
    3. Florida beats Cincy.
    4. The media goes nuts playing what-if about an Alabama / TCU matchup.
    5. It leads to a playoff (ok that's a stretch).
    "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Wouldn't it be better (for your number 4 wish) if Alabama barely squeaks by Texas and TCU destroys BSU?

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
      Wouldn't it be better (for your number 4 wish) if Alabama barely squeaks by Texas and TCU destroys BSU?
      I think a close game would give them the excuse they want saying it was the two best / evenly matched teams. If TCU and Bama both make their opponents look like they don't belong on the same field ... it kills that argument.
      "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
        I think a close game would give them the excuse they want saying it was the two best / evenly matched teams. If TCU and Bama both make their opponents look like they don't belong on the same field ... it kills that argument.
        Hmmm.. I think a close win by either Texas or Alabama and a blowout win by TCU would cause more doubt over who the true champion is in the media. If either UT or Alabama win by blowout, they will say that they now know for sure who the undisputed champion is. TCU wouldn't get a mention, I don't belive.

Comment

I think if Texas squeaks by Bama and TCU wipes the field w/ BSU then it might be tempting for the AP poll to vote TCU as their champion. That could be bedlam.
          Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
          God forgives many things for an act of mercy
          Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
            I think if Texas squeaks by Bama and TCU wipes the field w/ BSU then it might be tempting for the AP poll to vote TCU as their champion. That could be bedlam.
            Yup. That's the scenario that the BCS doesn't want.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
              Good point. I was thinking Bama over Texas but you're right. TCU as the lone undefeated who thrashed all comers would be sweet.

Comment

Good point. I was thinking Bama over Texas but you're right. TCU as the lone undefeated who thrashed all comers would be sweet.
                Gee thanks. When Pelligrino says it you agree, but when I say it...

Comment

This could very well happen. Alabama hasn't looked exactly bulletproof. They barely squeaked by Auburn. How I wish the Tigers had won that game!
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Gee thanks. When Pelligrino says it you agree, but when I say it...

The difference was Texas winning ... TCU as the lone undefeated.

Comment

Even if that does happen, they (the BCS suppporters) will likely still say that TCU's competition was inferior simply because they played BSU in their bowl game and based on the outcome BSU was obviously overrated. BSU vs TCU is a no win situation for the non AQ conferences. They're stuck at the kids' table no matter what happens.
                      Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                      God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                      Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

The difference was Texas winning ... TCU as the lone undefeated.
                        Huh? Texas would be undefeated too.

Comment

Huh? Texas would be undefeated too.
                          Doh! For some reason I thought they had an early loss. Never mind.

Comment

4 and 5 won't happen. 4 might get some mention for a day or two if TCU wins 77-0 and Alabama wins 77-3. Then the NFL playoffs take over and the media isn't that interested in talking about college footballs silly bowls anymore, even if they proved the MWC is the best conference in the history of sport.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                            X