• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone claiming that Utah gets killed by either of these teams

is talking out of their ass. Seriously.

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
    is talking out of their ass. Seriously.
    This game is the best thing ever for the Utes and USC.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

Why?
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

This is what is great about College Football, and what is shitty about College Football. Any given Saturday, two teams can meet and based on a few key plays and momentum swings, the game can really go either way. These teams are both fast, both strong, and both are playing against players whose caliber is pretty close to theirs.

Answer this question, honestly and truthfully. On an average Saturday, would either of these teams beaten New Mexico by more than 3 points? Air Force by more than 7? Weber State by more than 16? In my honest opinion, I believe the answer to all three of those questions is yes.

I do not say this to take anything away from Utah. They kicked Alabama's ass. But top to bottom, these two teams IMO are better than Utah, better than BYU, and on the average Saturday, would beat those teams handily.

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
          This is what is great about College Football, and what is shitty about College Football. Any given Saturday, two teams can meet and based on a few key plays and momentum swings, the game can really go either way. These teams are both fast, both strong, and both are playing against players whose caliber is pretty close to theirs.

Answer this question, honestly and truthfully. On an average Saturday, would either of these teams beaten New Mexico by more than 3 points? Air Force by more than 7? Weber State by more than 16? In my honest opinion, I believe the answer to all three of those questions is yes.

I do not say this to take anything away from Utah. They kicked Alabama's ass. But top to bottom, these two teams IMO are better than Utah, better than BYU, and on the average Saturday, would beat those teams handily.
          Then you haven't been paying attention this year.

Comment

Seems like sizzle actually made a valid point.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
              Then you haven't been paying attention this year.
              Alabama games I watched a significant part of this year: 3 (Clemson, Florida, Utah)
              Utah games I watched a significant part of this year: (BYU, New Mexico, Oregon State, Michigan, Alabama)

Of the three Alabama games I watched, the Utah game was easily the worst game they played of the three. Of the Utah games I watched, the Alabama game was the best game they played. Utah deserves credit for having played a great game, they had a solid game plan and executed it wonderfully. They did their homework, Alabama didn't look like they did (Agree or disagree)? However, if you played that game 10 times, would Utah win all 10? I don't believe so. Would Utah win 6? I think they could. Would Utah beat Oklahoma or Florida or USC? I honestly can't say that they WOULD. I think they could, but not that it is a given.

Comment

Florida just held the most prolific offense in college football history, over 700 points on the season, averaging 35 points per game in the first half, 60 points in 5 straight games, to 14 points!

Do you not realize how impressive that is? You are looking very ignorant and have the red goggles on very tight right now.

Utah scored 13 against New Mexico for hells sakes, I could only imagine what they would do to Floridas D.

This was a good game by two very good teams, not sure how you can dispute that. Florida proved that they are the national champs.
                *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                  Florida just held the most prolific offense in college football history, over 700 points on the season, averaging 35 points per game in the first half, 60 points in 5 straight games, to 14 points!

Do you not realize how impressive that is? You are looking very ignorant and have the red goggles on very tight right now.

Utah scored 13 against New Mexico for hells sakes, I could only imagine what they would do to Floridas D.

This was a good game by two very good teams, not sure how you can dispute that. Florida proved that they are the national champs.
                  You are talking out of your butt!

ps I think this game can be summed up by going back to the first half and watching Florida with that goal line stand, keeping OU at bay on a 3rd and goal, then a 4th and goal. Icewater.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                    The bowl season has proved that the Big 12 Offenses and the big 12 in general was VASTLY overrated. You could have just called them WAC from the late 80s
                    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

UD, I've been arguing for you for the last week. However, as I'm watching the game tonight, I just leaned over to my wife and said exactly that--"either one of these teams would kick the crap out of Utah". I still think Utah has an argument, as I think they've done more to deserve the championship, but no way would they stay within two touchdowns of either of these teams.
                      At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                      -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                        The bowl season has proved that the Big 12 Offenses and the big 12 in general was VASTLY overrated. You could have just called them WAC from the late 80s
                        I'm not ready to call OU's offense overrated. Or OU for that matter. This game was a tossup, with a few breaks going Florida's way. Two great teams both played great games.
                        At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                        -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                          So let me get this right...

SEC = Overrated
                          Big 12 = Overrated (No defense, offenses weren't that good)
                          Pac 10 = Overrated (Or is it an Overrated USC plus 9?)
                          Big East = Overrated (who was their BCS representative?)
                          ACC = Overrated (who was their BCS representative?)
                          Big 10 = Overrated (1-6 in Bowl games?)

Comment

SEC = Overrated
                            This is what it boils down to. Everyone was overrated. Which vastly reduces Utah's already weak SOS.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

SEC = Overrated
                              You hit the nail on the head every team in the country but Utah is overrated. Way overrated and they dont belong on the same field as Utah. Utah is clearly the most superior team in the history of college football.
                              *Banned*

Comment

Working...
                              X