X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favorite play of the game

We are really going to miss Manase.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Underrated, under-appreciated. Part of playing with the two of the best backs BYU has ever had, I suppose. He will be dearly missed.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

That was my favorite play as well. They didn't show one replay of it. I never saw it in any highlights. Weak!

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
        That was my favorite play as well. They didn't show one replay of it. I never saw it in any highlights. Weak!
        My favorite play as well. I played it over and over and over on my DVR.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          My favorite play as well. I played it over and over and over on my DVR.
          Same he trucked those dudes.

Another one of my favorite plays was the first play on that 84 yard drive where Unga was lead the block enabling Tonga to the outside who stiff armed a guy for 9 yards.

We're going to miss Tonga. I wonder if we see more single back sets without a FB next year. Tonga and Unga are the best FB/RB combo ever in BYU history.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
            Same he trucked those dudes.

Another one of my favorite plays was the first play on that 84 yard drive where Unga was lead the block enabling Tonga to the outside who stiff armed a guy for 9 yards.

We're going to miss Tonga. I wonder if we see more single back sets without a FB next year. Tonga and Unga are the best FB/RB combo ever in BYU history.
            I loved both of those plays. It was like he was just annoyed at these guys trying to tackle him. The OSU fans around me were embarrassed.

I don't think they gameplanned for Tonga very well at all. They did a decent job of holding Unga in check (at least it seems--I still haven't watched the TV yet), but they lost track of Tonga quite a bit.
            At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
            -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Manase deserves our respect. When he failed to cut the grade academically, I was certain we would never see him again. All the rumors were that he would not be seen in Cougar Blue. But he perservered, came back, and played his heart out. I loved that determination. We have a good fullback prospect in Anthony Heimuli; I hope he learned from Manase.
              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

this play looked like a bowling ball scattering a few pins.

Comment

Working...
                X