MWC or Big 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MWC or Big 12

Ok...so hypothetically, which would you choose?
    MWC with BSU and auto-bid
    22.00%
    MWC as-is with auto-bid
    34.00%
    Big 12
    44.00%
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
    Ok...so hypothetically, which would you choose?
    As currently constituted? If the MWC had an autobid. I'd probably stay. As an non-AQ I go to the Big 12 North without batting a lash.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

Why in the world would anybody from the MWC want to join the Big 12 if you could get an auto-bid in the Mountain West? The odds are much better of winning the conference in the MW. That's like asking USC if they'd want to join the SEC just for the heck of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        As currently constituted? If the MWC had an autobid. I'd probably stay. As an non-AQ I go to the Big 12 North without batting a lash.
        I'm not convinced our BCS chances are much better there, but I think I'd do it for the chance at some different schools.
        At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
        -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
          Why in the world would anybody from the MWC want to join the Big 12 if you could get an auto-bid in the Mountain West? The odds are much better of winning the conference in the MW. That's like asking USC if they'd want to join the SEC just for the heck of it.
          Because we've already proven what we can do to OU in a virtual road game and TCU could beat anyone else you can put up.
          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Exactly. We would have been to 4 BCS bowls if we had an autobid. I doubt we sniff one in the Big 12 during that same time.
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

Because we've already proven what we can do to OU in a virtual road game and TCU could beat anyone else you can put up.
              Your generous assessment aside, the Big 12 has had six different teams win the conference in the BCS era. That's a lot of contenders to, er, contend with for the auto-bid. Why not just take your own and only have to worry about Utah, TCU, and occasionally CSU?

Comment

To be associate with the conference with the most national championships, of course!

Comment

Going to a BCS bowl is not my primary objective as a fan.

Other objectives: exciting regular season schedule, national recognition, TV exposure, ability to recruit, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                    Going to a BCS bowl is not my primary objective as a fan.

Other objectives: exciting regular season schedule, national recognition, TV exposure, ability to recruit, etc.
                    I agree. Just for the sake of argument, I should have added PAC 10. That'd be my first choice for the competition and venues alone, even though I don't think we'd sniff a BCS game in years.
                    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

If you have as an option, a 13 team conference with a 12 game round robin schedule (no OOC games) and a BCS auto-bid with the worst 12 teams in D1 as the rest of the conference, I think a lot of BYU fans would go for it. ugh.

Comment

I agree. Just for the sake of argument, I should have added PAC 10. That'd be my first choice for the competition and venues alone, even though I don't think we'd sniff a BCS game in years.
                        There isn't a single town in the B12 that is a desireable roadie location (except Norman, of course).

I think BYU fans would have more fun traveling to LA, Seattle, and the Bay Area every year for games.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          There isn't a single town in the B12 that is a desireable roadie location (except Norman, of course).
                          Austin is the only decent destination, but it's the one campus the Sooners don't visit.

Norman, as you allude, is spectacular, but for us Sooner fans the other towns only seem all the lesser by comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post

I think BYU fans would have more fun traveling to LA, Seattle, and the Bay Area every year for games.
                            Boulder and Austin arent so bad
                            "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

You guys are nuts who are picking the Big 12 over the MWC with an auto-bid. How many BCS games do you think BYU would have made in the Big 12 since the BCS started?
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X