Manti Te'o's father speaks...Cougarboard meltdown to shortly follow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manti Te'o's father speaks...Cougarboard meltdown to shortly follow

Looks like Manti's dad is making it clear that Manti will continue to be a domer, regardless of mission status.

As we have learned in the past, this emphatic declaration proves one thing: we have no idea whether Manti will continue with Notre Dame.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/arti...12/1001/Sports

Mission Possible

The next time Notre Dame freshman linebacker Manti Te'o plays in a game for the Irish football team could be in Dublin, Ireland, against family friend and Navy coach Ken Niumatalolo in 2012.

Or it could be next September against Purdue in the first game of the Brian Kelly Era of Notre Dame football. ... Or something in between.

Te'o is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and it is tradition for members to take a two-year Mormon mission after turning 19. However, Te'o left open the possibility he may take a two-year mission, a one-year mission or make his Notre Dame experience his mission.

“I think he's probably already come up with an answer,” Te'o's father, Brian, said via phone from Laie, Hawaii. “But he promised his mom and me that he'd let us know once he touched the ground here in Hawaii.”

Te'o will fly home to Hawaii later this week, following final exams.

“The one thing I do know is, whether he goes on the mission or not, he is returning to Notre Dame,” Brian Te'o said. “He has told me that already. He loves it in South Bend. He's made the very clear to his mom and me.”

Brian Te'o said having high school teammate and lifelong friend Roby Toma on the team eased the adjustment for Te'o, one of the top freshmen linebackers in the country.

“I think those two needed each other more than they thought they would, especially at the beginning” Brian Te'o said. “They're like brothers. I know they're both looking forward to coming home to defrost.”
    There is a 1-year mission option!!!! Why didn't anyone tell me?
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Good for him if he decides to go... Might be a good time to see what Kelly can do. After two years he can see if they ahve improved or are still irreleviant..

He may like it now, but people always change after time away. Such is life..

PS: 1-year mission. Yes. Why was I not made aware of this!!!

Comment

BFD
      Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

"I would hope you would support who we are. Not, who we are not. These 94 individuals have made a choice to work, a choice to sacrifice, to put themselves on the line 13 days for the next 4 months, to represent you, this University. That kind of commitment and effort deserves and demands your respect. This is your team." - Coach Bronco "Norman Dale" Mendenhall

Edited to protect the innocent.
        Last edited by Blueintheface; 12-16-2009, 11:36 AM.
        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
          BFD
          Anytime anyone chooses to go on a mission, it's a BFD.
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            Looks like Manti's dad is making it clear that Manti will continue to be a domer, regardless of mission status.

As we have learned in the past, this emphatic declaration proves one thing: we have no idea whether Manti will continue with Notre Dame.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/arti...12/1001/Sports

Apparently there is a 7-month mission option if you play QB at BYU.
            Last edited by Flattop; 12-16-2009, 05:01 PM.
            Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
            Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
            Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

Comment

Originally posted by USS Utah View Post
              Apparently there is a 7-month mission option if you play QB at BYU.
              What is with you people and your obsession with Max Hall's mission? Is it fair to assume you have an even bigger obsession with LDS kids who never decide to go in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBYUGuy View Post
                What is with you people and your obsession with Max Hall's mission? Is it fair to assume you have an even bigger obsession with LDS kids who never decide to go in the first place?
                You people?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby Soho View Post
                  You people?
                  The collective Ute fan base. I know, broad brush and all that...

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby Soho View Post
                    You people?
                    What do *you* mean, "you people?"
                    There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
                    Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)

Tomorrow is Saturday
                    And Sunday comes afterwards

Comment

I want to know more about these 1 year missions. Bronco needs to look into this.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

So does the fact that he is even talking about a mission dispel the rumor that some girl had his baby recently.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          Some of us when for much less than that!

I wonder how that statement will play when he puts his papers in an interviews with his SP.

Comment

At one point they did have the 18 mth option.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

I think that headline is clever.
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                              X