Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCU vs. Oregon St. to open the season in Dallas

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_...-game-with-tcu

It appears the Beavers are about to sign a game contract to open next season against TCU on Sept. 4 at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
    Nice to see the MWC in this game again.
    "Take it to the Bank"

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post

That will be a good game as well. Do you think attendance will be much of an issue given that TCU is not the same local anchor as OU?
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
      That will be a good game as well. Do you think attendance will be much of an issue given that TCU is not the same local anchor as OU?
      That is a good question. I think it could be similar to the Utah game as far as attendance for TCU. If they win their BCS game which I think they will, they will have a ton of hype going into next season so it could.
      "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

That is a good question. I think it could be similar to the Utah game as far as attendance for TCU. If they win their BCS game which I think they will, they will have a ton of hype going into next season so it could.
        And that game could be some high octane fuel to throw on the hype.
        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
          I'd be more concerned with the OSU allotment. Didn't they fail to sell out a single game this year? I think college football fans in general will flock to this game regardless but I wonder if the vast majority will be newly indoctrinated Horned Frog fans.
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
            I'd be more concerned with the OSU allotment. Didn't they fail to sell out a single game this year? I think college football fans in general will flock to this game regardless but I wonder if the vast majority will be newly indoctrinated Horned Frog fans.
            I would have concern about OSU as well, but they are definitely the "visiting" team with further travel, etc.

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Good opportunity for TCU. If they win the Fiesta Bowl they could be a top 5 team heading into next year with all the players they have coming back (Oklahoma, Texas and Florida will all be rebuilding). Oregon State will likely be ranked somewhere around where BYU was ranked starting out this season.
              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                Good opportunity for TCU. If they win the Fiesta Bowl they could be a top 5 team heading into next year with all the players they have coming back (Oklahoma, Texas and Florida will all be rebuilding). Oregon State will likely be ranked somewhere around where BYU was ranked starting out this season.
                Now THAT'S a legitimate 2010 National Championship discussion right there. TCU is set up for an historic run I think.
                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

I think they'll struggle to fill the stadium assuming there aren't a lot of neutral fans in attendance.

I've been seeing more and more TCU stuff around town the past weeks, but it still doesn't compare to the Texas and OU stuff one sees on a daily basis in DFW. People love football down her, to be sure, but TCU's piece of the pie is sadly very small (and it's a pity, to say the least).

Comment

TCU will likely be a 7-10 point favorite, lets hope they don't choke on their own vomit lose they QB and TE before halftime and lose.

Comment

Working...
                    X