Thank you Max Hall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Max Hall

I now realize that Max Hall has given me a powerful debating tool. I can chalk so much to BYU fans' hate--it's an effective attack on credbility, as in, "you're just saying this because of your hate." In the past that would have sounded childish and petty. Now it has a ring of truth, it resounds. Thanks Max!
    Last edited by SeattleUte; 12-11-2009, 11:00 AM.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    I now realize that Max Hall has given me a powerful debating tool. I can chalk so much BYU fans' hate--it's an effective attack on credbility, as in, "you're just saying this because of your hate." In the past that would have sounded childish and petty. Now it has a ring of truth, it resounds. Thanks Max!
    As I survey the tool chest you wheel out in sports-related debates, I have to agree that Max Hall's quote is one of your most powerful implements.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      As I survey the tool chest you wheel out in sports-related debates, I have to agree that Max Hall's quote is one of your most powerful implements.
      Yeah, SU's liberal use of that quote should help our cause
      "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
      "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
      "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Are we going to keep saying "Hall hates me" for the next year?

Like Ute fans kept intercepting him last year?

Like BYU fans kept saying "4th & 18" and "Magic happens" the year before?

Like BYU fans kept saying "Harline is still open" the year before that?

Funny thing is, I don't recall Ute fans saying anything after 2005, 2004, 2003 and 2002 that was repeated endlessly for a year.
        Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
        Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
        Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

Comment

Originally posted by USS Utah View Post
          Funny thing is, I don't recall Ute fans saying anything after 2005, 2004, 2003 and 2002 that was repeated endlessly for a year.
          "Scoreboard"

Comment

A cool photoshop would be to change this jersey to "HALL HATE ME"

Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Every time a Ute fan brings this up, the pussification of the Utah fanbase deepens.

Comment

Originally posted by U-Ute View Post
                "Scoreboard"
                "Scoreboard" is the ultimate answer to a rival fan that is trying to lay down some smack as if their team didn't lose the last rivalry game. It's not a catch phrase or a joke that was great the first couple of days but then quickly got tired.
                Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
                Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
                Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
                  Every time a Ute fan brings this up, the pussification of the Utah fanbase deepens.
                  That hurts coming from you.
                  "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                  "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                  "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

No really. "Max Hall Hates Me." That isn't a taunt, sorry. It's a big fat "Boo Hoo," to which BYU fans will just say with pride, "so do I."
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      No really. "Max Hall Hates Me." That isn't a taunt, sorry. It's a big fat "Boo Hoo," to which BYU fans will just say with pride, "so do I."
                      Of course, but now we have an authority to cite.
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by USS Utah View Post
                        "Scoreboard" is the ultimate answer to a rival fan that is trying to lay down some smack as if their team didn't lose the last rivalry game. It's not a catch phrase or a joke that was great the first couple of days but then quickly got tired.
                        Totally. There is nothing more funny, more scathing, more unique, and that shows greater cutting wit than saying "scoreboard." It truly is the ultimate answer!
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Of course, but now we have an authority to cite.
                          Sure, but I don't see how that is helpful to your arsenal. As some roundabout dig at the mission of BYU? Not gonna work in football because, much like baseball, there's no crying in football.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

For Ute fans, here is a model of how to effectively use allusions to Max's hate speech in your posts. Note you don't need to be explicit in your allusion; just say BYU fans hate and they will instantly get it. Kind of like saying something like charity beats all.

http://www.cougaruteforum.com/showpo...1&postcount=38

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

For Ute fans, here is a model of how to effectively use allusions to Max's hate speech in your posts. Note you don't need to be explicit in your allusion; just say BYU fans hate and they will instantly get it. Kind of like saying something like charity beats all.

http://www.cougaruteforum.com/showpo...1&postcount=38
                              26-23.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                              X