Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mainly for Utes: "49ers after this season: Alex Smith could save Singletary . . ."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mainly for Utes: "49ers after this season: Alex Smith could save Singletary . . ."

This is a nice article about Alex. It begins:
    The point is a big one: It’s getting clear that the main thing that favors keeping Mike Singletary as coach and Scot McCloughan as GM into 2010 is the dramatic development of Alex Smith.

And that might be enough. (Because the Yorks, as usual, don’t have a lot of other options.)

I hope he's right. Alex is a good guy.
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Smith's improvement this year might allow the 49ers to add another weapon offensively like a compliment to Gore or an offensive lineman. Also, it has to be nice for Smith to share the bay area spotlight with fellow #1 overall pick, JaMarcus Russell.
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

I think Alex can still be a top tier NFL QB. It seems like he's finally has the parts around him for that to happen.
      "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
      "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
      "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

I can't believe that Singletary's job is truly in danger. It's only his first full season.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
          I can't believe that Singletary's job is truly in danger. It's only his first full season.
          Stop it. His job is in danger and Alex "I really hate them" Smith is saving it.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
            Stop it. His job is in danger and Alex "I really hate them" Smith is saving it.
            Haven't you let go of that yet?
            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
            ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Comment

Wrong category.
              *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                Wrong category.
                Whoops! My bad.
                ― W.H. Auden

Comment

Working...
                X