Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lavell Edwards about to be honored on ESPN

Turn it on now if you have the chance.

That was a nice tribute. Lavell was a great coach and an even better person. I'm glad to see him get the credit that he most certainly deserves.
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

I turned it to espn2 for a second and saw Elder Edwards and his wife. Looked through channels and set dvr to show to see if Elder Edwards will be there if I can see the show were he gets the tribute.

Comment

Originally posted by grapevine View Post
        I turned it to espn2 for a second and saw Elder Edwards and his wife. Looked through channels and set dvr to show to see if Elder Edwards will be there if I can see the show were he gets the tribute.
        Just curious. Why do you refer to LaVell as Elder Edwards but President Monson as Tom?
        "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Another honor for Lavell and Patti:

Brigham Young football coaching legend LaVell Edwards and wife Patti are the ninth recipients of the Nell and John Wooden Coaching Achievement Award given by the Boise-based World Sports Humanitarian Hall of Fame.

Edwards will accept the award at “An Evening with Patti and LaVell Edwards” on April 11 in the Jordan Ballroom on the Boise State campus. The public event starts at 7:30 p.m.
          http://www.idahostatesman.com/2012/0...onored-in.html
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Jeff Benedict just posted an excerpt from a biography he's working on with Steve Young. The excerpt is from Steve's freshman year at BYU and what sticks out the most is the amount of real talent that Lavell was able to assemble. The team and staff had future pro players, coaches and execs.

http://www.jeffbenedict.com/index.ph...ousand-spirals

Comment

Pretty cool. I'd love to read the rest of it.
              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Great pic of Whittingham in his BYU gear
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Crazy how loaded that roster was in just that short excerpt. Andy Reid, Matich, Oates, Mcmahon, Holmoe, Young, Whittingham. Not to mention Scovill and Tollner on the coaching staff.
                  *Banned*

Comment

The more I thought about a mission the sicker I became. I spent hours on my knees. The more I anguished over the decision the more I felt I wasn't going to go through with it.
                    Steve needs to speak more to the team every season!
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      Steve needs to speak more to the team every season!
                      Let's get Bishop Rasmussen too.

“Bishop Rasmussen, I’ve always wanted to serve a mission. I want to do the right thing.”

“Steve, your mission might be to do what you were born to do in terms of playing football.”

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                        Let's get Bishop Rasmussen too.
                        I will sustain that idea.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          I will sustain that idea.
                          Too bad we only do fake sustainings in the church now.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

How would life have been different for Eric Krzmarzick if Young hadn't have thrown those ten thousand spirals?
                            Last edited by RC Vikings; 11-06-2014, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              Jeff Benedict just posted an excerpt from a biography he's working on with Steve Young. The excerpt is from Steve's freshman year at BYU and what sticks out the most is the amount of real talent that Lavell was able to assemble. The team and staff had future pro players, coaches and execs.

http://www.jeffbenedict.com/index.ph...ousand-spirals
                              GREAT read. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Working...
                              X