• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House Panel Passes Playoff Bill

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20091209/D9CFVTR01.html
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

The audible "no" came from a rep who resides in the SEC.

Shocking.

Comment

"What can we say - it's December and the BCS is in chaos again," said the bill's sponsor, Rep. Joe Barton of Texas, the top Republican on the House Energy and Commerce Committee.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

All this says is the NCAA can't promote a national champion without a playoff. There's an easy way around that: call them the "BCS champion" with a wink and a smile and there's no need to adopt a playoff.
        "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
        "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
          All this says is the NCAA can't promote a national champion without a playoff. There's an easy way around that: call them the "BCS champion" with a wink and a smile and there's no need to adopt a playoff.
          Thereby pulling the curtain back a little bit more from the wizard.
          If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

Also, according to the article, there's some additional language to the national championship provision: "or make a similar representation."

If being a "national championship" didn't mean anything, why do they keep using it?
            If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

I though this article was telling about the BCS still being the best thing for the non-AQ schools.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...w.3d59f4e.html

What it will unquestionably do is reduce the revenues of the lower-end teams that try to compete with them in their conferences – think Kentucky, Arkansas, Kansas, Texas A&M – along with virtually every team other than the occasional BYU or TCU from the non-power conferences.
              LOL. Utah has crashed the BCS twice and they're not even mentioned, but BYU and TCU are. Poor Utes.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                LOL. Utah has crashed the BCS twice and they're not even mentioned, but BYU and TCU are. Poor Utes.
                Yeah, what an idiot. All that has come between BYU and the BCS is losses to the likes of Tulsa or a couple of 40 point losses to, say, Utah, Florida State and/or TCU. At least we've actually been there and proved we belong. Do you think we care what some hack from the Dallas Morning News says? I don't know why these guys still exist, with the Internet.
                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                  Yeah, what an idiot. All that has come between BYU and the BCS is losses to the likes of Tulsa or a couple of 40 point losses to, say, Utah, Florida State and/or TCU. At least we've actually been there and proved we belong. Do you think we care what some hack from the Dallas Morning News says? I don't know why these guys still exist, with the Internet.
                  or crappy PAC 10 refs and a FG...kinda like how you were a FG aqay from not going last year.

Comment

I don't think I like the idea of Washington going all heavy-handed on the BCS. I mean, I hate them (the BCS) and all, but aren't there better ways to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      I though this article was telling about the BCS still being the best thing for the non-AQ schools.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...w.3d59f4e.html

LOL. Utah has crashed the BCS twice and they're not even mentioned, but BSU and TCU are. Poor Utes.
                      I fixed that for you/him. It was obviously a typo
                      I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                        I fixed that for you/him. It was obviously a typo
                        I have no malice for BSU. I think it would be a little funny to see this board's reaction if it beat TCU. But I understand why BYU fans hate BSU. The green monster.
                        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                          I have no malice for BSU. I think it would be a little funny to see this board's reaction if it beat TCU. But I understand why BYU fans hate BSU. The green monster.

What does that have to do with BSU and BYU?
                          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Working...
                          X