Clearly Utah > Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearly Utah > Texas

So. What am I missing? Texas with the HF advantage plays the no. 10 team everyone thinks is overrated and has to fight like hell to win. Utah destroyed the no. 4 team everyone loved that had the HF advantage. Oh, and Utah is unbeaten and Texas isn't. How does Texas possibly wind up ranked higher than Utah after tonight's outcome?
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    So. What am I missing? Texas with the HF advantage plays the no. 10 team everyone thinks is overrated and has to fight like hell to win. Utah destroyed the no. 4 team everyone loved that had the HF advantage. Oh, and Utah is unbeaten and Texas isn't. How does Texas possibly wind up ranked higher than Utah after tonight's outcome?
    "Texas with the HF advantage"? What are you smoking tonight?

If they end up with a higher ranking it will probably be due to the fact that voters believe they are a better team. Deal with it.

It will be interesting to see where Alabama and OSU end up in the final rankings.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      "Texas with the HF advantage"? What are you smoking tonight?

If they end up with a higher ranking it will probably be due to the fact that voters believe they are a better team. Deal with it.

It will be interesting to see where Alabama and OSU end up in the final rankings.
      I am really curious to see what happens next year when SC plays at tOSU. Pryor is a true freshman. And he did his job....he lead his team to the lead with less than 2 minutes left. Not his fault the defense couldn't hold the lead.

If McCoy comes back, Texas should be very good again. And their band uniforms should be as stupid as usual. I think even roadshows make fun of those band uniforms. the cheerleader unis, on the other hand.....
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Great news! I know how down everyone is with espn.com polls directly after bowl games.

Tonight's poll asks which team voters feel is the best in the country.

The results:
        #3: Utah
        #2: Florida
        #1: USC

As we all know, this is pretty convincing evidence that the majority of the country feels this way!

It will be nice when SC gets a split of the title from the AP.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          I am really curious to see what happens next year when SC plays at tOSU. Pryor is a true freshman. And he did his job....he lead his team to the lead with less than 2 minutes left. Not his fault the defense couldn't hold the lead.

If McCoy comes back, Texas should be very good again. And their band uniforms should be as stupid as usual. I think even roadshows make fun of those band uniforms. the cheerleader unis, on the other hand.....
          Pryor had a terrific game. Yes, that will be a fun game next fall.

Texas returns almost everyone on offense.

Are they any band uniforms that look cool? I was thinking that the OSU band looked like the Iraqi Republican Guard or something.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I just finished watching the game delayed and logged on just to see your post about the game. You are as predictable a poster as Robert Anae is as an offensive coordinator.
            "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Are they any band uniforms that look cool? I was thinking that the OSU band looked like the Iraqi Republican Guard or something.
              LOL. I was thinking the same thing. What was with the berets? It had a real Baghdad Bob vibe to it.

sigpic

Comment

Texas' victory certainly won't be enough to earn them a share of a national championship. In fact, undefeated Utah and Southern California were more impressive than the Longhorns during the postseason. The Utes beat Alabama 31-17 in the Allstate Sugar Bowl, and the Trojans defeated Penn State 38-24 in The Rose Bowl Game presented by Citi.
                And there you have it, all settled.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls0...ark&id=3812807

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  It had a real Baghdad Bob vibe to it.
                  With the red berets, I thought they had a TC in "Taps" thing going.

Comment

University of Texas-Austin from Scottsdale, has a nice ring to it. Very LA Angels.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                      University of Texas-Austin from Scottsdale, has a nice ring to it. Very LA Angels.
                      It's Glendale, not Scottsdale. Get it right!
                      A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Working...
                      X