PDA

View Full Version : Alex Kuresa

Jeff Lebowski
11-17-2008, 11:41 AM
I took my boy to the Timpview-Mountain Crest game on Friday. It was an amazing game. Timpview held on to win 37-35, but it was a nail-biter. I think that was more points scored on the first-string Timpview defense than the rest of the year combined. Seriously.

The Mountain Crest quarterback is a kid named Alex Kuresa and he is only a sophomore. He started last year as a freshman. The guy is a freak of nature. I was blown away by his athleticism, accuracy and poise. Many of his passes are made while on a dead run to his left (he is right-handed) and they were right on the money. It will be fun to see what he does the next two years. He is smallish, but maybe he will continue to grow. Most kids aren't fully grown as sophomores. He is related to Jake Kuresa somehow.

il Padrino Ute
11-17-2008, 12:01 PM
I watched the Timp/Mountain Crest game on tv and was impressed with that Kuresa kid. He is going to be a good one.

I will be attending both the 4A and 5A championship games this week. I have to root for Cottonwood in the 4A game because my sons play for Cottonwood in the Ute Conference and several of their teammates have older brothers who are on the high school team. Besides, my wife is a Cottonwood alumna.

The 5A game presents more of a dilemma as to which team to root for. My high school alma mater is Alta but the QB at Bingham is the son of my wife's closest cousin.

cougjunkie
11-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Kuresa is Jakes little brother. He is very small, and I am not sure if he will play at the next level because of his size. If he can even get to 6ft he has a legit shot to be a D-1 QB.

CJF
11-17-2008, 12:12 PM
I took my boy to the Timpview-Mountain Crest game on Friday. It was an amazing game. Timpview held on to win 37-35, but it was a nail-biter. I think that was more points scored on the first-string Timpview defense than the rest of the year combined. Seriously.

The Mountain Crest quarterback is a kid named Alex Kuresa and he is only a sophomore. He started last year as a freshman. The guy is a freak of nature. I was blown away by his athleticism, accuracy and poise. Many of his passes are made while on a dead run to his left (he is right-handed) and they were right on the money. It will be fun to see what he does the next two years. He is smallish, but maybe he will continue to grow. Most kids aren't fully grown as sophomores. He is related to Jake Kuresa somehow.

He is Jake's little brother. So I think there is a pretty chance he's going to grow.

Brian
11-17-2008, 12:19 PM
I watched the Timp/Mountain Crest game on tv and was impressed with that Kuresa kid. He is going to be a good one.

I will be attending both the 4A and 5A championship games this week. I have to root for Cottonwood in the 4A game because my sons play for Cottonwood in the Ute Conference and several of their teammates have older brothers who are on the high school team. Besides, my wife is a Cottonwood alumna.

The 5A game presents more of a dilemma as to which team to root for. My high school alma mater is Alta but the QB at Bingham is the son of my wife's closest cousin.

Cottonwood is in the title game?

Go Colts!

Sizzle
11-17-2008, 12:19 PM

He is Jake's brother.

Jeff Lebowski
11-17-2008, 12:24 PM

I will give you a wave from the winning side. Maybe we could get together for a cup of hot chocolate at halftime. I froze me arse off last week.

PaloAltoCougar
11-17-2008, 12:26 PM
How did huge Jake and little Alex climb out of the same gene pool? Still, that's quite a pool, and includes the Haws family (Tyler is Alex's cousin, apparently).

HB Arnett gushed about Alex in his newsletter today, and says BYU has to find a place for him. One hopes two years will add a few inches and pounds.

Jeff Lebowski
11-17-2008, 12:37 PM
Here is an article about his performance last week:

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705263302,00.html

Here is one from last year about his first start as a freshman. Completed his first 18 passes:

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695220081,00.html

il Padrino Ute
11-17-2008, 12:46 PM
Cottonwood is in the title game?

Go Colts!

Yes, your beloved Colts are there. Again. This is not your Cottonwood team. And there is not even a Sorenson on the team.

il Padrino Ute
11-17-2008, 12:47 PM
I will give you a wave from the winning side. Maybe we could get together for a cup of hot chocolate at halftime. I froze me arse off last week.

That would be great. Hot chocolate at RES with Lebowski.

What more could I ask?

Jeff Lebowski
11-21-2008, 11:59 PM
That would be great. Hot chocolate at RES with Lebowski.

What more could I ask?

(bump)

Well I called IPU today at halftime of the game. I said, "Hey <IPU>, it's <Lebowski>" (insert real names). He didn't recognize me, so he hung up. So I sent him a text message (with my name on it). He wrote back: "Who is this?". Turns out he didn't even go to the game.

Bastard. Must be psyching himself up for big game tomorrow by ignoring his BYU friends.

il Padrino Ute
11-22-2008, 09:01 AM
(bump)

Well I called IPU today at halftime of the game. I said, "Hey <IPU>, it's <Lebowski>" (insert real names). He didn't recognize me, so he hung up. So I sent him a text message (with my name on it). He wrote back: "Who is this?". Turns out he didn't even go to the game.

Bastard. Must be psyching himself up for big game tomorrow by ignoring his BYU friends.

Sorry about that.

I have no excuse.

I am a bad person.

I suck.

Jeff Lebowski
11-22-2008, 09:30 AM
Sorry about that.

I have no excuse.

I am a bad person.

I suck.

Hey, I got a good laugh out of it.

You missed a terrific game. Did you watch it on TV?

il Padrino Ute
11-22-2008, 09:33 AM
Hey, I got a good laugh out of it.

You missed a terrific game. Did you watch it on TV?

I did. It was a terrific game.

I had no idea that Timp has the winning streak going.

As good as the Timp/Cottonwood game was, I think the Alta/Bingham game was even better.