Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Under Armour All-American Game roster (no Heaps)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Under Armour All-American Game roster (no Heaps)

3 QBs on each team but no Heaps. Bronson Kaufusi made it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=4700904

I thought Kaufusi was done for the season.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
      I thought Kaufusi was done for the season.
      I thought that too. This is what the Notes section of his ESPN profile page says:
      Originally rated No. 147 in the ESPNU 150 prior to injury... 2008: Suffered season-ending torn ACL... Committed October of sophomore year... Son of BYU defensive line coach Steve Kafusi...
      The AA game is on Jan. 2nd.

Comment

If I'm Heaps and enrolling for winter semester, starts Jan 4, I wouldn't want to play in an exhibition high school all star game on Jan 2.

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
          If I'm Heaps and enrolling for winter semester, starts Jan 4, I wouldn't want to play in an exhibition high school all star game on Jan 2.
          I would definitely want to play in it. Regardless, he wasn't picked.

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
            How does playing benefit Heaps in any way?

Comment

He's playing in the Army All-American game. He was one of the first players asked to play in that game while he was still a junior. He's been committed to that game for a year. High School players are only allowed to play in one national all star game.
              A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Well they only took 3 QB's. ESPN is not high on Heaps(I want to say they have him the 10th best QB), so understandable.

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
                  He's playing in the Army All-American game. He was one of the first players asked to play in that game while he was still a junior. He's been committed to that game for a year. High School players are only allowed to play in one national all star game.

That makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                    Well they only took 3 QB's. ESPN is not high on Heaps(I want to say they have him the 10th best QB), so understandable.
                    Part of that is because he's not playing in their bowl game. Like I said, he committed to the Army All-American game a year ago. He was one of ten and the only QB invited to the play in that game during his junior year. The rest of the 80 players were invited this fall. UA and the ESPN people were not thrilled and have done a good job marketing their players for the game.
                    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                      They picked 6 QBs (3 per team).

Comment

ESPN hasn't been high on Heaps for many of the reasons CJF listed. What I care about is what he did against the best QBs at the Elite 11 camp where he was MVP. BTW, all of the QBs in the UA AA game save Rettig were at the Elite 11 camp. Another reason he hasn't been big on ESPN is that they feel he doesn't have as much upside because he's so savvy and composed now. ESPN rates big on hype.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
                          How many BYU commits are playing in that game? In addition to Heaps, I'm pretty sure Apo is. Anyone else?
                          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                            How many BYU commits are playing in that game? In addition to Heaps, I'm pretty sure Apo is. Anyone else?
                            Just Apo and Heaps that I am aware of.

http://www.usarmyallamericanbowl.com/roster_land.html
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

CJF is correct. The US Army game until recently has been the premier all-star game. They asked Heaps first and he committed immediately which pissed off Tom Lemming and ESPN.

If you watched Heaps play at all this year (even in the loss to Oaks Christian) that Heaps has the tools to play at the next level.
                              *Banned*

Comment

Working...
                              X