Heard today that Weis will get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heard today that Weis will get

somewhere between $15 and $18M along with his firing. Not a bad paycheck for a loser.

you heard this today? sweet.

can you ask your same source who won the BYU Utah game? that is also last week's news.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      you heard this today? sweet.

can you ask your same source who won the BYU Utah game? that is also last week's news.
      The point is, not a bad paycheck for a loser.

sorry, I don't have much time on my hands as other sports fans or attorneys

Comment

Originally posted by Hallelujah View Post
        The point is, not a bad paycheck for a loser.

sorry, I don't have much time on my hands as other sports fans or attorneys
        What would be considered a bad paycheck for a loser? How much do you make?.....

sigpic

Comment

What would be considered a bad paycheck for a loser? How much do you make?.....
          Nothing right now. But if I was an attorney, and good at it, i could probably make around $400/hour. But then I wouldn't be on CUF at those rates either. wonder what it says about some of the attorney's on CUF? Rather an expensive cost of talking with anon posters, don't you think?

I thought personal attacks were against CUF rules? Unless of course you are one of the 'chosen'.

Check back with me in 5 years and we'll compare W-2's. Fair? And kick me in the head if I spend as much time as you do on CUF in 5 years.
          Last edited by Hallelujah; 12-05-2009, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Nothing right now. But if I was an attorney, and good at it, i could probably make around $400/hour. But then I wouldn't be on CUF at those rates either. wonder what it says about some of the attorney's on CUF? Rather an expensive cost of talking with anon posters, don't you think?
            Make 400 an hr? You are taking home almost 800K a year if you are making 400 an hour. Not a bad paycheck for a loser!

sigpic

Comment

Make 400 an hr? You are taking home almost 800K a year if you are making 400 an hour. Not a bad paycheck for a loser!
              $800K vs. $15M. I don't know. My math isn't very good. Which do you think is better for a loser?

Comment

$800K vs. $15M. I don't know. My math isn't very good. Which do you think is better for a loser?
                I think that you are both making good money for being losers. I can't really decide who is doing better.

sigpic

Comment

I don't understand this. ND is supposed to be one of the most desireable jobs in the country. Most programs (unless they have someone like Urban Meyer) negotiate a buyout that is relatively modest in comparison to what the coach would earn through the full term of the contract. Yet ND has to play Weiss, an unproven head coach who never succeeded much at ND, $18 million to get out of the contract. Is Notre Dame stupid?
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                    I don't understand this. ND is supposed to be one of the most desireable jobs in the country. Most programs (unless they have someone like Urban Meyer) negotiate a buyout that is relatively modest in comparison to what the coach would earn through the full term of the contract. Yet ND has to play Weiss, an unproven head coach who never succeeded much at ND, $18 million to get out of the contract. Is Notre Dame stupid?
                    Yes because after consecutive BCS games in his first two years they gave him a 10 year extension with a ridiculous buyout. Its karma for being racist against Willingham.
                    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      Yes because after consecutive BCS games in his first two years they gave him a 10 year extension with a ridiculous buyout. Its karma for being racist against Willingham.
                      i actually think they gave him the buyout just after losing to SC in the Bush Push game.

His signature moment at Notre Dame was that he almost beat SC.

Did they give him the deal after the bowl game or earlier in the season? I don't remember but for some reason i thought it was earlier than January.

sigpic

Comment

I thought personal attacks were against CUF rules? Unless of course you are one of the 'chosen'.

Check back with me in 5 years and we'll compare W-2's. Fair? And kick me in the head if I spend as much time as you do on CUF in 5 years.
                        You are an attorney and a med student? Do you still work with Blue Cross also? You are like Danny DeVito in that movie Renaissance Man. If you get busted by the law watch out, they might make you teach in the Army.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

i actually think they gave him the buyout just after losing to SC in the Bush Push game.

His signature moment at Notre Dame was that he almost beat SC.

Did they give him the deal after the bowl game or earlier in the season? I don't remember but for some reason i thought it was earlier than January.
                          Thanks TD and CJ; so Notre Dame is arrogant and stupid. This is the converse of that old Groucho Marx joke--Notre Dame thinks that anyone hired by Notre Dame must be a hot ticket just because of that fact.
                          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                            Thanks TD and CJ; so Notre Dame is arrogant and stupid. This is the converse of that old Groucho Marx joke--Notre Dame thinks that anyone hired by Notre Dame must be a hot ticket just because of that fact.
                            It reminds me of my days as a consultant. Two truisms I found hilarious. 1. The further from home I was, the smarter / better I was perceived to be. 2. Once you're in, you would have to REALLY eff up to lose the gig because the exec. who sponsored bringing you in doesn't want to look bad.
                            "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                              You are an attorney and a med student? Do you still work with Blue Cross also? You are like Danny DeVito in that movie Renaissance Man. If you get busted by the law watch out, they might make you teach in the Army.
                              Did you miss the "IF" in my post?

And I was referencing the boatload of attorneys on this site.

Get your money back for the english classes you took in college!

Comment

Working...
                              X