Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come nobody is talking about what a horrible play Joe Dale made on the George td?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come nobody is talking about what a horrible play Joe Dale made on the George td?

watch at the 20 second mark:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uXDglb82ak&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Andrew George Game Winning Touch Down - BYU vs Utah[/ame]

Dale is so hesitant he starts out the right way and then eventhough Hall is staring down George the whole time he for some reason gets fooled. He should have picked that easily or at the very least broke it up.
    *Banned*

Dunno.
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Because no one really wants to talk about the game. The peripheral stuff is so much more interesting.

Dale took a very poor angle. At the very least, he should have made a tackle. Sly was in pretty good position so I agree that the end result sits in squarely on Dale.
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

In the game footage it also looked like RoJo took a bad angle and loafed after George. At Carbon High our coaches called it the "losers glide."

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
          Because no one really wants to talk about the game. The peripheral stuff is so much more interesting.

Dale took a very poor angle. At the very least, he should have made a tackle. Sly was in pretty good position so I agree that the end result sits in squarely on Dale.
          Watching it from the angle the MTN showed, George could barely get off the line of scrimmage. Sly was all over him with great coverage.
          *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            Watching it from the angle the MTN showed, George could barely get off the line of scrimmage. Sly was all over him with great coverage.
            I know that there are a lot of BYU fans that want to put this on Sly, but you are right he did a great job on that play. He did everything that he should do and it was Dale that screwed up.

It is similar to the BYU fans that insisted on putting the Harline catch on Weddle, when it wasn't his responsibility.
            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
              Yeah, he basically held George.
              Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                Yeah, he basically held George.
                Which they were not calling all game, so it was a good play. Just like it was a good play all the times that the BYU WR/TEs were pushing off.
                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Overtime is a strange animal. The defenses of nearly all teams look like they're in the 15th round of a prize fight and are just hoping their teammates can pick up the slack. BYU managed to put 3 downs together on defense but Ute playcalling also was a factor I think. Dale made a tired effort but he couldn't make that split decision of diving for the ball or for the player and consequently chose neither. Frankly I'm surprised more games don't go 3 or 4 more overtimes with both teams scoring at will.
                  "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

As crappy as both offenses were that game, I'm surprised both scored in the first OT.
                    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Looks to me like Hall is looking farther left then proceeds to George. Was there someone to George's left at the start of the play?

Comment

Sounds like losing Dale will actually be an upgrade. Phew, one less good senior starter to replace.
                        "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

It looks to me like Dale was actually going to come after Hall in a delayed rush. I think he was spying the QB on that play. It seems like he had to completely change directions at the last second when he realized that Max had thrown a pass.
                          That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

Comment

Working...
                          X