Las Vegas Bowl: Recession Friendly!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Las Vegas Bowl: Recession Friendly!

Right now I am looking at the Vegas, Holiday, and Poinsettia Bowls to watch BYU and USC in the "post-season" (:igiveup.

The Vegas Bowl seems to have drastically dropped prices. When BYU played fucla, I think tickets were approx $60 or $70 through BYU, iirc.

Right now on the Vegas Bowl website, they are selling family packages....4 tickets, 4 sodas, 4 hot dogs, and a game program....for $85!

http://www.lvbowl.com/tickets.php

Similarly, the Poinsettia Bowl is offering family packages: 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, 4 sodas, and a game program....for $120.

http://www.poinsettiabowl.com/ticket...ly-4-pack.html

The Holiday Bowl is not as forgiving.No family packages and the cheapest singles are $70.

http://www.holidaybowl.com/holiday-bowl-tickets.html

I am hoping that Vegas chooses the Utes so that BYU can play in San Diego. I would rather drive an hour to the game than drive 4 hours and spend the night in Vegas.

My only regret if BYU does not play in Vegas is not being able to buy a cup of that yummy Sam Boyd Hot Chocolate. Mmmm!
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

You gonna go to the Rose Bowl with me?
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      My only regret if BYU does not play in Vegas is not being able to buy a cup of that yummy Sam Boyd Hot Chocolate. Mmmm!
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        I plan on visiting you in Vegas over Christmas regardless of where BYU plays its bowl game.

sigpic

Comment

Is USC really out of BCS bowl contention? Wow. Just wow. Wow wow wow. I can't believe it.
          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
            Is USC really out of BCS bowl contention? Wow. Just wow. Wow wow wow. I can't believe it.
            No. They qualify for an at-large and could still technically get picked. Perhaps if they pound Arizona they might garner some attention, but unlikely this season.

It looks like SC's rebuilding year is a 9-10 win season. Still, seems like it was so much worse than that.

I am happy for Sark, though. He was a good Trojan and a good Cougar. He took a zero win team to 4 wins, including a win against SC. That is definitely something to build upon. Next season: bowl eligibility will be the goal.

sigpic

Comment

This was probably discussed elsewhere, but who's going to the Vegas Bowl from the Pac 10? I think USC is going to beat up on Arizona, and I think Oregon is going to beat Oregon State. That leaves a four-way tie for second place and I assume the Holiday Bowl has the pick of the litter at that point (USC of course). The Sun Bowl then picks and I'm not sure who they'd want out of Oregon State, Stanford and Cal. I wouldn't mind playing Cal or Stanford this year, though I think Cal would be the easier opponent.

Of course, if USC loses, doesn't that mean a very likely appearance in the Vegas Bowl?

Also, is there any question at all who the Vegas Bowl picks this year? It is going to be BYU again, right? That $85 ticket package looks like a very good deal.
              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                Also, is there any question at all who the Vegas Bowl picks this year? It is going to be BYU again, right?
                I think Vegas is waiting to pick between Utah and BYU based on who shakes down from the Pac-10. More specifically, if Vegas gets Arizona, I don't think they want BYU again. On the other hand, they would kill for a BYU-Southern Kal tilt.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBYUGuy View Post
                  I think Vegas is waiting to pick between Utah and BYU based on who shakes down from the Pac-10. More specifically, if Vegas gets Arizona, I don't think they want BYU again. On the other hand, they would kill for a BYU-Southern Kal tilt.
                  imagine a Utah/Arizona bowl matchup.

Utah in the BCS was already a ratings loser. Place them in the Vegas bowl....yikes!

sigpic

Comment

imagine a Utah/Arizona bowl matchup.

Utah in the BCS was already a ratings loser. Place them in the Vegas bowl....yikes!
                    I just can't see them taking BYU and Arizona again. If they were set on taking BYU, they would have invited already.

Comment

I just can't see them taking BYU and Arizona again. If they were set on taking BYU, they would have invited already.
                      I agree. I am just noting that a Utah/Arizona vegas bowl will be a ratings debacle. No wonder they are trying to give tickets away.

sigpic

Comment

Doesn't the Vegas Bowl just pick behind the Holiday and Sun Bowls? They say the Vegas gets the 4th or 5th pick and I assume that it gets the 4th pick if the Pac 10 only has one BCS team. If AZ beats USC, that still leaves a four-way tie for second. But couldn't the Vegas Bowl at that point just pick the third place USC ahead of the remaining second place teams?

If AZ loses to USC, then wouldn't the Bowl just prefer to pick a 9-3 or 8-4 team like Oregon State or Cal ahead of 7-5 Arizona?
                        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

I don't think they can until they are 100% certain of the fate of TCU.
                          Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                          God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                          Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

It looks like SC's rebuilding year is a 9-10 win season. Still, seems like it was so much worse than that.
                            I know exactly how you feel!
                            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                              I know exactly how you feel!
                              Solidarity! I didn't know that you followed a 3-loss-yet-BCS-eligible team.

We fans of media darling/ratings powerhouse teams need to stick together.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X