Ute Fans:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ute Fans:

"There is a problem with Utah's fanbase in that there is a large number of Ute fans who are boorish and overly aggressive."

Agree or disagree?

Originally posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
    "There is a problem with Utah's fanbase in that there is a large number of Ute fans who are boorish and overly aggressive."

Agree or disagree?
    Disagree that there are a large number. Agree that there is a problem with a minority who are boorish and overly aggressive.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
      Disagree that there are a large number. Agree that there is a problem with a minority who are boorish and overly aggressive.
      I agree with your disagreement.
      "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
      "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
      "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Surely we can think of some new topics, can't we?
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

I was just going to ask if we could stop talking about Ute fans and Max Hall. Those topics are so last November. It is December now so let's move on.
          "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

I think the root of this discussion is whether or not Utah has a problem with its fanbase. I wanted to see if Ute fans themselves thought this was the case.

Comment

I think the root of this discussion is whether or not Utah has a problem with its fanbase. I wanted to see if Ute fans themselves thought this was the case.
              I'm glad were settling this once and for all.

Comment

Agree or disagree?
                Totally disagree.

The same way that I disagree that there is a large number of BYU fans who are ignorant pricks.

You only see the vocal minority.

U-Ute

Comment

In light of the first few answers from Ute fans, how about this simplified question?

Is there a problem with a part Utah's fanbase being overly aggressive and boorish?

Comment

Is there a problem with a part Utah's fanbase being overly aggressive and boorish?
                    A part. Sure.

Every fan base has its problem children.

U-Ute

Comment

Originally posted by U-Ute View Post
                      A part. Sure.

U-Ute
                      This is the right answer.

The Utes, in my experience, are pretty much a normal fanbase. They're sort of like LSU, except with less alcohol, worse tailgating, no tigers, and with an obnoxious self-righteous rival. Generally speaking, of course.

I really don't see the distinction between the Ute fan base and many other fan bases across the country. We are the outlier (in that our boorishness comes under unusual guise), not them.
                      Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

A part. Sure.

U-Ute
                        Well, yes, that's true. But I'm not asking if there are problem fans at Utah, I'm asking if the problem fans at Utah are a problem in and of themselves. Is it a problem worth looking into as a university and attempting to fix?

Comment

Well, yes, that's true. But I'm not asking if there are problem fans at Utah, I'm asking if the problem fans at Utah are a problem in and of themselves. Is it a problem worth looking into as a university and attempting to fix?
                          It will never happen. The University allows it because they hate Mormons.
                          "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                          "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                          "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

No.

Here's the funny thing: the behavior of some Ute fans is only egregious in the eyes of BYU fans. I don't hear UNLV or SDSU fans (or what is left of them anyway) crying about the behavior of Ute fans.

By and large, the people in the valley here (Ute and Cougar - bringing into focus Goatnapper's premise) are so naive and sheltered that they find the smallest things offensive. It is rather amusing actually.

Now, I will say that there are certain Ute fans that will go out of their way to be extra offensive to BYU fans on game day, but that is because a) some BYU fans go so far out of their way to find things offensive that it becomes a fun button to push; and b) because you are our rival and the behavior is dialed up a bit. But the level they reach is rarely one in which there needs to be some sort of large scale overhaul by the U.

U-Ute

Comment

No.

Here's the funny thing: the behavior of some Ute fans is only egregious in the eyes of BYU fans. I don't hear UNLV or SDSU fans (or what is left of them anyway) crying about the behavior of Ute fans.
                              Do you honestly believe that Ute fans treat UNLV and SDSU fan the same way they treat BYU fans? I don't think you can compare the reaction of these groups.
                              "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Working...
                              X