Would you rather have this:

http://www.utah2008champs.com/

or this:
    *Banned*

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post

or this:
    I wouldn't trade 2008 for anything BYU has done. Hook me up to a lie detector test. I don't need to tell you the reasons why. Add 2004, well that just makes the idea of a trade that much more obscene.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post

or this:
      Unless you are old enough to remember that season and enjoy it as a football fan, it might as well have been 1944. I was nine and I remember virtually nothing about it other than remembering the fact that it happened. You are younger than I am, I believe. So you remember it even less. It is like being a Republican and bragging about Nixon beating Humphrey.

Seattle is right.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
        Unless you are old enough to remember that season and enjoy it as a football fan, it might as well have been 1944. I was nine and I remember virtually nothing about it other than remembering the fact that it happened. You are younger than I am, I believe. So you remember it even less. It is like being a Republican and bragging about Nixon beating Humphrey.

Seattle is right.
        I am fine with this.

In related news, the Utes never really went to the the NCAA finals because that was a decade ago already. It basically didn't happen....in another 5 or so years this will be especially true.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Dan stole my answer. My freshman year at the U was 1997-98 (the Final Four run) and although I didn't have the means to go to any playoff games, it was a great season with many events around campus.

Throw in an LDS mission and my senior year wasn't until 2004, and you know how that went in football. Attended the Fiesta Bowl.

As an alum in 2008 I traveled to five road games, mostly paid thanks to my job having work available in those areas. Attended the Sugar Bowl.

Experienced those moments firsthand. Was a part of it. Occurred in my era.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
            Dan stole my answer. My freshman year at the U was 1997-98 (the Final Four run) and although I didn't have the means to go to any playoff games, it was a great season with many events around campus.

Throw in an LDS mission and my senior year wasn't until 2004, and you know how that went in football. Attended the Fiesta Bowl.

As an alum in 2008 I traveled to five road games, mostly paid thanks to my job having work available in those areas on those weeks. Attended the Sugar Bowl.

Experienced those moments firsthand. Was a part of it. Occurred in my era.
            I am liking this more and more.

The Lakers have 9 titles to the Celtics 4 titles during my era.

It isn't even close!

Lakers #1!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              I am fine with this.

In related news, the Utes never really went to the the NCAA finals because that was a decade ago already. It basically didn't happen....in another 5 or so years this will be especially true.
              If you were five in 1998, then I agree, that applies to you.

Comment

If you were five in 1998, then I agree, that applies to you.
                Or if you switched allegiances, I guess. what year was it again?

sigpic

Comment

Seattle is right.
                  I was on my mission in 97 and 98 so in my mind the Utes never made the NCAA finals or the Final Four. The Jazz never made the NBA Finals. And better yet, Clinton never had sex with that intern.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Would I rather have a National Championship trophy given to me based on opinions and polls, and for which there is wide disagreement, or have a trophy from a high profile bowl game in which I pummeled the opponent.

Apples and oranges.

U-Ute

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
                      I was on my mission in 97 and 98 so in my mind the Utes never made the NCAA finals or the Final Four. The Jazz never made the NBA Finals. And better yet, Clinton never had sex with that intern.
                      Who ever said it didn't happen? The question is, what would you prefer: something that happened many years ago when you were far too young to appreciate or remember it, or something that happened recently.

What would you rather have, a Jazz NBA Championship in 1997 or a Western Conference title this year? If the banner in the Delta Center is what is really important to you, or the trophy in the case, and not the experience itself, then so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        Or if you switched allegiances, I guess. what year was it again?
                        The angle you fail to consider is that the Utes have improved because of me.

Comment

Seattle is right.
                          I can remember a lot of members of my Ward had BY bumper stickers not to long after that.. It took me a while to make the connection. And then.. It just irritated me...

Comment

What would you rather have, a Jazz NBA Championship in 1997 or a Western Conference title this year? If the banner in the Delta Center is what is really important to you, or the trophy in the case, and not the experience itself, then so be it.
                            I'm pretty sure that Brother Jones would have liked the Lakers to beat the Jazz in 1997. As for me, I'd rather have NBA championship banners for the Jazz than Western Conference champ.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBYUGuy View Post
                              I'm pretty sure that Brother Jones would have liked the Lakers to beat the Jazz in 1997. As for me, I'd rather have NBA championship banners for the Jazz than Western Conference champ.
                              The question was based on his statement that he was out of the country and unable to watch the NBA playoffs in 1997. You are saying you would rather get an NBA championship that you don't enjoy or get to watch than experience a western conference finals championship first hand?

Comment

Working...
                              X