Honesty test for BYU fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honesty test for BYU fans

How much does it bother you that BYU hasn't been undefeated for 25 years, and hasn't been to a BCS bowl?

How much does it bother you that Utah has been undefeated and been to a BCS bowl twice in five years since 2004?
    No BYU BCS bowl/undefeated season in 25 years: not at all
    14.71%
    No BYU BCS bowl/undefeated season in 25 years: somewhat
    29.41%
    No BYU BCS bowl/undefeated season in 25 years: a lot
    5.88%
    Utah undefeated/BCS bowl twice in five years since 2004: not at all
    29.41%
    Utah undefeated/BCS bowl twice in five years since 2004: somewhat
    14.71%
    Utah undefeated/BCS bowl twice in five years since 2004: a lot
    5.88%
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Who is grading the test?
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

The same amount that it bothers Ute fans that during their best decade ever they only went .500 against BYU.
      *Banned*

Comment

It bothers me that it was only through decades of BYU's consistent excellence on the field that Utah was able to get their 30 minutes of fame in 2004 and 2008.

OTOH, it doesn't really bother me that Utah has only done better than 3rd place in the MWC once in the last four years.
        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          How much does it bother you that BYU hasn't been undefeated for 25 years, and hasn't been to a BCS bowl?

How much does it bother you that Utah has been undefeated and been to a BCS bowl twice in five years since 2004?
          1. Very little.

2. Not at all. I know a lot of people think that it hurts BYU's recruiting, but I think BYU does fine recruiting as long as they keep winning.

Comment

Neither of those things bother me. Undefeated is like a hole in one. It takes a lot of luck. Things that take a lot of luck don't often get my attention if they are or aren't done. BYU has been a consistently good football program for the past 30 years. Not a lot of programs can say that. When you are consistently good, you should be proud of that, not covetous of luck.

Utah is becoming consistent and, I expect, will find as the Cougars have that consistently good is harder to come by than undefeated. Hell, lots of DII schools are undefeated in DI football this year but that doesn't mean they are the best team.

Comment

Not nearly as much as it bothers Ute fans that they don't have one of these:

"Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Finite compared to other things that bother me about BYU.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                  Finite compared to other things that bother me about BYU.
                  what ranks higher your hate for the honor code or the dumbing down of the schedule?
                  *Banned*

Comment

mods, please fix the typo in the poll ("fiver").
                    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      Not nearly as much as it bothers Ute fans that they don't have one of these:

A Christmas candy dish?

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

A Christmas candy dish?

Speaks volumes.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                          what ranks higher your hate for the honor code or the dumbing down of the schedule?
                          My hatred for the Honor Code knows no bounds.

Comment

mods, please fix the typo in the poll ("fiver").
                            But feel free to leave "yers" just the way it is.
                            "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                            "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                            "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

1. A little. When you look at 1996 and 2006 I think you have to feel disappointed that those teams let down. Undefeated seasons are pretty rare.

2. Not at all. Why should we measure ourselves by the Utes? Eventually good will triumph over evil.

Comment

Working...
                              X