DB: Robert Johnson
    DB: Andrew Rich
    DB: Rafael Priest
    DB: Nick Sanders

A few 2nd teamers:
    Utahs: Schlauderaff
    BYU: George, Scott Johnson
    *Banned*

I would think Darryl Washington would get it over Tank Carder in terms of TCU players.
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Saturday clinched the OPOY for Dalton.
      "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
      "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
      "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
        Hall won the MWC player of the week 6 times this year. Dalton twice.

Hall has better numbers all across the board the only difference is TCU went 8-0 in conference BYU went 7-1. With the huge disparity in numbers and the fact that Hall is a senior I think he edges out Dalton.
        *Banned*

Comment

Junkie is relying on the traditional MWC penchant for rewarding seniors rather than rewarding merit.
          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            Hall won the MWC player of the week 6 times this year. Dalton twice.

Hall has better numbers all across the board the only difference is TCU went 8-0 in conference BYU went 7-1. With the huge disparity in numbers and the fact that Hall is a senior I think he edges out Dalton.
            I keep forgetting Dalton is a Jr. If he was a senior I say he'd win, but you are probably right.

Edit: Dalton actually won 3 times counting last week.
            Last edited by DU Ute; 12-01-2009, 09:41 AM.
            "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
            "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
            "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

I keep forgetting Dalton is a Jr. If he was a senior I say he'd win, but you are probably right.

Edit: Dalton actually won 3 times counting last week.
              I agree 100% if Dalton is a senior he wins.
              *Banned*

Comment

I agree 100% if Dalton is a senior he wins.
                Let's never fight again.

Comment

Dalton wins it. Go figure.

Comment

Which means he will win it next year too. It could have gone either way, glad the MWC is rewarding wins now.
                    *Banned*

Comment

Actual winners here:
                      BYU had:
                      Jorgensen, Unga, Reynolds and Pitta on the 1st team
                      Hall, George, and Rich on the 2nd team
                      Stephenson, Logan, Johnson, Clawson, Denney, Willing honorable mention

Utah had:
                      Reed, Wide, Beadles, Sylvester, Misi and Johnson on the 1st team
                      Schluderaff and Zane Taylor on the 2nd team
                      Sellwood, Phillips, Siliaga, Mike Wright honorable mention

Dalton OPOY
                      Carta-Samuels- FPOY
                      Hughes DPOY
                      Patterson COY
                      Kerley Sp.TOY

http://www.themwc.com/sports/m-footb...120109aaa.html
                      *Banned*

Comment

So it's official. The past three years have told us the following about the OPOY award:

1. Team record and standings don't matter as long as we give the award to a senior. (2007)
                        2. The best player in the conference shouldn't get it if he isn't a senior. (2008)
                        3. The award doesn't have to be given to a senior. Record and team accomplishment matter. (2009)

In other words, there are no set criteria for winning the award.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBYUGuy View Post
                          So it's official. The past three years have told us the following about the OPOY award:

1. Team record and standings don't matter as long as we give the award to a senior. (2007)
                          2. The best player in the conference shouldn't get it if he isn't a senior. (2008)
                          3. The award doesn't have to be given to a senior. Record and team accomplishment matter. (2009)
                          Your forgot 2006
                          1. If you play for New Mexico you are the sexy choice for all-mwc.
                          *Banned*

Comment

Kind of crazy that a guy that put up the following numbers:

11,171 yards, 91 tds, 67% comp. in 3 years never won the offensive POY.
                            *Banned*

Comment

Kind of crazy that a guy that put up the following numbers:

11,171 yards, 91 tds, 67% comp. in 3 years never won the offensive POY.
                              Feel free to call me out if I'm wrong, but does anyone else get the feeling that the voters are going out of their way to keep a BYU player from winning OPOY?

Comment

Working...
                              X