Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Take On Max

Yes another Max thread.

A lot of fans are of the opinion that Max didn't make enough progress from year to year. My opinion is that he came to BYU ready to start and there wasn't a whole lot of improvement to make. There are things that Max needed to work on but I believe he worked hard on these things in the off-season. I think Max is a very good BYU QB and I am thrilled that we had him.

I feel bad if Max thinks the average BYU fan dislikes him because I do not believe that to be the case.

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
    Yes another Max thread.

A lot of fans are of the opinion that Max didn't make enough progress from year to year. My opinion is that he came to BYU ready to start and there wasn't a whole lot of improvement to make. There are things that Max needed to work on but I believe he worked hard on these things in the off-season. I think Max is a very good BYU QB and I am thrilled that we had him.

I feel bad if Max thinks the average BYU fan dislikes him because I do not believe that to be the case.
    SU actually had a semblance of truth, IMO, in his trolling effort on Bronco. I do think players relate to their coach. I think this battle with the "fans" is exaggerated.

Let's be clear, fans who verbally abuse players, wives, coaches should be called out. I personally don't like it. I have got into it with posters who have called Engemann fat, Hale names, Logan a lousy corner, etc.

On the other hand, fans who boo a play call, question the play calling, question scheduling, and even don't rate a QB as great, are not lousy fans. However, these fans get lumped in with the jackasses.

Not enough talk about all the great fans who follow the team, buy tickets, travel to games and sell out the stadium year after year. I enjoyed what D.Williams said the other nite. Something about our fans booed us and we deserved to get booed.

We are all guilty of this at times. Ute fans classify the Y fans as all being the arrogant self righteous few. BYU fans label Ute fans as the drunk, obnoxious bum that a few are.

Comment

Max is a fine qb. the byu will miss him next year.
      "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
      -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Working...
      X