Looking ahead at the Utes 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking ahead at the Utes 2010

Being so far away from the epicenter and fall out from the game has been good for one reason - it's much easier to shake off the loss...that and I haven't run into Tim or Myboynoah to have my nose rubbed in it.

With that said, I would be interested in people's thoughts about the Utes next year. Where are our strengths, where will we be thin? Thoughts about any players committed to the program?

Thanks.

Tokyo Ute

Originally posted by Tokyo Ute View Post
    Being so far away from the epicenter and fall out from the game has been good for one reason - it's much easier to shake off the loss...that and I haven't run into Tim or Myboynoah to have my nose rubbed in it.

With that said, I would be interested in people's thoughts about the Utes next year. Where are our strengths, where will we be thin? Thoughts about any players committed to the program?

Thanks.

Tokyo Ute
    Linebacker is the weakest spot IMO, graduate all 3 starters and the depth is shaky. When I have more time, I will post more about the rest of the team, but that is the one spot that has me worried.
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Strengths: running back, d-line, offensive line, kicking/punting, quarterback

Weaknesses: secondary, linebackers, receviers, team leadership

We've got a very solid class coming in. I'm not sure who could provide immediate impact, but it's shaping up to be another good recruiting effort from Whittingham and staff.
      "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
      "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Thanks.

Tokyo Ute
        I saw you at SC and you didn't say hello.

I thought, "So, that's how it's going to be."
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
          I saw you at SC and you didn't say hello.

I thought, "So, that's how it's going to be."
          Hahahaha...did I even see you? If so, I'm sorry!

Comment

You're afraid of myboynoah? lol! Now fearing Tim, that I can understand.

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
              Strengths: running back, d-line, offensive line, kicking/punting, quarterback

Weaknesses: secondary, linebackers, receviers, team leadership

We've got a very solid class coming in. I'm not sure who could provide immediate impact, but it's shaping up to be another good recruiting effort from Whittingham and staff.
              Why do you think the O-line is a strength? Unless something happens to straighten out the right side of the line and replace Beadles, then I don't see how that is a strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                Why do you think the O-line is a strength? Unless something happens to straighten out the right side of the line and replace Beadles, then I don't see how that is a strength.
                We only lose Beadles. My reasoning is another year of experience won't make us worse.
                "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                  We only lose Beadles. My reasoning is another year of experience won't make us worse.
                  How crazy is it that you guys had two guys named Zane on your offense. What are the odds? I don't think I've ever even met a Zane, let alone cheer for a team with two of them.

Comment

Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO. He said the O should come back almost intact. Apparently Asiata will return. We lose David Reed but he was a Juco so who cares. (HL: "Jucos suck.") We lose something like 8 on defense.

Robles may be the best qb. He'll be something like a 22 year old freshman.
                    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      How crazy is it that you guys had two guys named Zane on your offense. What are the odds? I don't think I've ever even met a Zane, let alone cheer for a team with two of them.
                      Could be affection for Riders of the Purple Sage?
                      Last edited by pelagius; 11-30-2009, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                        We lose David Reed but he was a Juco so who cares. (HL: "Jucos suck.")
                        I agree, Reed's no big loss. He totally sucked on Saturday. But imagine how good he could have been with 4 years in the program.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Hahahaha...did I even see you? If so, I'm sorry!
                          I think you sat a few rows back of us on the other side of the chapel.

Don't listen to YOhio. Tim is a very nice guy. An Obamaniac, but a very nice guy.

Per your original question, I have no idea.
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                            I think our line will be good. Bergstrom made strides and Stevens made big strides from the beginning(I didn't think he would make it as a starter). Brenner played well when given a chance. Taylor and Jacob will be very good again. The question I see is if we leave Bergstrom at RT and groom a youngster or try to hop him over and learn the left side, I would like to see him stay pat.
                            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                              I think our line will be good. Bergstrom made strides and Stevens made big strides from the beginning(I didn't think he would make it as a starter). Brenner played well when given a chance. Taylor and Jacob will be very good again. The question I see is if we leave Bergstrom at RT and groom a youngster or try to hop him over and learn the left side, I would like to see him stay pat.
                              As one of the lowest ranking members of the board, I give you permission to change your icon.

I keep reading your posts thinking you are YOhio.

Comment

Working...
                              X