We need Landpoke's thoughts on the Max Hall controversy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need Landpoke's thoughts on the Max Hall controversy

please Landpoke... you're the only hope.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Well, if you insist:

As someone who has said similar things about various fan bases, schools, teams, ex-girlfriends, former bosses and the like, I have no problem with what he said after the game. But then I've also flipped off 8 year old CSU fans so my perspective may be a bit skewed.

On the other hand I do have a problem with the retraction/clarification. I didn't see the interview, but I read what he said and there didn't seem to be much to be confused about. Kind of a <female genitalia> move in my opinion.
    There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
    Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)

Tomorrow is Saturday
    And Sunday comes afterwards

Comment

Just FYI...

[YOUTUBE]uvLdPk-H94Y[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Originally posted by U-Ute View Post
        Just FYI...

[YOUTUBE]uvLdPk-H94Y[/YOUTUBE]
        That's somewhat less than what I imagined it to be, based on the outrage it spawned. C'mon max, you go to a school that stole Yale's logo and that's the best "insult" you can come up with? Basically saying "I don't like them" over and over? Unbunch your panties utes, this is nothing.

Tomorrow is Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by landpoke View Post
          That's somewhat less than what I imagined it to be, based on the outrage it spawned. C'mon max, you go to a school that stole Yale's logo and that's the best "insult" you can come up with? Basically saying "I don't like them" over and over? Unbunch your panties utes, this is nothing.
          Seriously. I have only read the comments and expected much worse. This is the first video I have seen. This is what everyone is pissed off about? You have got to be kidding me.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

I don't know if it's a Wasatch Front thing, but for over five decades in the Bay Area I've heard nastier smack back and forth among players at all levels than Max's rant. I've mentioned it to a few friends here, none of whom has any real interest in BYU or Utah, and every one of them wonders what the big deal was. Like Seinfeld's complaint to the Catholic Priest about a colleague's anti-Semitic jokes ("And this offends you as a Jew?", 'No, this offends me as a comedian!"), most have expressed disappointment in the quality of Max's smack, not its meager vitriol content. I wish he had said nothing at all.

Comment

Seriously. Who the hell (except for MRD) cares what landpoke thinks?

Comment

The ONLY reason it's "something" is BYU's need to feel superior and Utah's need to point out that BYU fans aren't superior and that in fact Utah fans are moralistically superior.
                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  I'll use smaller words next time so you can appreciate what I'm saying.

Tomorrow is Saturday

Comment

I'll use smaller words next time so you can appreciate what I'm saying.
                    you not need do that.

Comment

you not need do that.
                      Those reassuring words sound like they came from this guy:

Comment

You sound jealous.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                        X