Is BYU now Little Brother?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is BYU now Little Brother?

All I've heard from my BYU friends today is that BYU has won 3 of 4 over Utah.

Is this really all Cougartown has to hang its hat on?

It must be hard to be 3rd on the list now that TCU has won a spot in the BCS.
    Last edited by SloanHater; 11-30-2009, 12:58 PM. Reason: Poor typing skills

LOL. No.

Comment

Originally posted by SloanHater View Post
      I'll I've heard from my BYU friends today is that BYU has won 3 of 4 over Utah.

Huh? Based on a win 2 days ago against it's rival I'd say that this is all that is currently relevant. But whatever self-loathing opinion floats your boat.
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

It is becoming routine to have a non-BCS team play in a BCS bowl game. BYU is still the only non-BCS team to have won a National Championship in the modern football era. I would rather have a National Champiosnhip than two BCS wins.
        "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
        —Abraham Maslow

Comment

why did I never realize that SloanHater was a Ute?

Comment

Not for the next 360ish days! I am not too confident today that BYU will remain the big brother beyond that 360ithish day.
            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
            -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
            -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

It's hard to say we're the little brother when our fans outnumber you 2:1.

It's two days after the rivalry game and they're talking to a Ute fan. Wait a little longer to hear what BYU fans are saying amongst themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                I think he is sort of a reverse Ex-Ute.

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                  He's not. He's clearly a Y-hater. Never spoke a word about Utah football until the BYU game was coming up.

Comment

Simply pointing out that Cougar Nation, led by Max, is playing the role of little brother extremely well.

It used to be ho hum to beat the Utes and only Utah fans made a big deal out of winning. I think last year's Sugar Bowl was the turning point for both fan bases.

Comment

Simply pointing out that Cougar Nation, led by Max, is playing the role of little brother extremely well.

It used to be ho hum to beat the Utes and only Utah fans made a big deal out of winning. I think last year's Sugar Bowl was the turning point for both fan bases.
                      Something I have been wondering, if the BCS had been around forever, how many BCS games would BYU had played in?

At least 2 from memory 1984 and 1996. 1979? 1990?

Comment

Georgia Tech could have 10 seasons in a row better than Georgia, yet Georgia would never be the little brother in that relationship. Better for you to just ignore the whole little/big brother aspect of the rivalry and focus on some big wins and great seasons you've had this decade.

Comment

As the youngest of 5 boys I am supremely qualified to make this observation, the biggest sign of little brother is desperately wanting to be big brother.

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

I simply ask:

"WHO THE HELL CARES!?!?!"
                            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                              Georgia Tech could have 10 seasons in a row better than Georgia, yet Georgia would never be the little brother in that relationship. Better for you to just ignore the whole little/big brother aspect of the rivalry and focus on some big wins and great seasons you've had this decade.
                              I think 9 years of Tressel has changed Michigan's feeling of being Big Brother. Why can't roles reverse?

Comment

Working...
                              X