Max Hall can't win.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Hall can't win.

Utah fans accuse Max, BYU players and their fans of being self righteous and thinking they are better than the Utes.

Max goes off on the Utes and he is being criticized for not being better than the Utah fans (being self righteous). He came down to their level. Isn't that what Utah fans wanted?

He can't win.

Yes he can. In fact, he did it 2 out of 3 years against the utes...And more times than any other QB in BYU history!!!
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

I think Max came away with two wins. The first being that they won the game. The second being that he pissed off Ute fans more than if the Utes had lost by 40. You played right into his hand.
      "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
      —Abraham Maslow

Comment

Originally posted by WashingtonCoug View Post
        I think Max came away with two wins. The first being that they won the game. The second being that he pissed off Ute fans more than if the Utes had lost by 40. You played right into his hand.
        I agree. He already had broken his records and folks knew he'd be remembered, but I believe he talked himself into the pantheon of legendary players.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
          I agree. He already had broken his records and folks knew he'd be remembered, but I believe he talked himself into the pantheon of legendary players.
          Exactly what he did when the game became personal. BYU fans should be grateful to the Utah fans from last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallelujah View Post
            Exactly what he did when the game became personal. BYU fans should be grateful to the Utah fans from last year.
            I'll never be grateful for those pieces of trash that did what they did. Those fans are worse than classless and so is the stadium crew that allowed it to happen.
            "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
            —Abraham Maslow

Comment

You're right. He can't win bowl games.

Comment

Originally posted by SloanHater View Post
                You're right. He can't win bowl games.
                He's only 1-1 in bowl games! Unacceptable!!!
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Hallelujah View Post
                  Utah fans accuse Max, BYU players and their fans of being self righteous and thinking they are better than the Utes.

Max goes off on the Utes and he is being criticized for not being better than the Utah fans (being self righteous). He came down to their level. Isn't that what Utah fans wanted?

He can't win.
                  I genuinely think that BYU fans are to blame for this. I think Max is a very frustrated guy owing mostly to how his own fans have treated him this year and that the outburst after the game, though directed at Utah, is a direct result of those feelings. I don't think Utah or its fans are capable of creating the level of emotion and frustration we saw there. That was a culmination of a long season of "not good enough" from his home crowd. I think with the right question he might just as easily have let BYU fans have it.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                    I genuinely think that BYU fans are to blame for this. I think Max is a very frustrated guy owing mostly to how his own fans have treated him this year and that the outburst after the game, though directed at Utah, is a direct result of those feelings. I don't think Utah or its fans are capable of creating the level of emotion and frustration we saw there. That was a culmination of a long season of "not good enough" from his home crowd. I think with the right question he might just as easily have let BYU fans have it.
                    So now I'm classless? I demand an apology!
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                      He's only 1-1 in bowl games! Unacceptable!!!
                      He'd be 0-2 without a miraculous special teams effort. Soon to be 1-2 in bowl games.

Comment

Originally posted by SloanHater View Post
                        He'd be 0-2 without a miraculous special teams effort. Soon to be 1-2 in bowl games.
                        What an awesome comeback. Very original and insightful.
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

That's a good point. Wasn't his wife being harassed by BYU fans earlier in the season?

Comment

It's all expectations. After his great sophomore season, no one expected he'd fail to improve much at all over the next two years. Some of it is definitely a lack of physical tools, but some of it I refuse to believe couldn't have been improved if he'd really worked on it. Reading defenses, looking off safeties and linebackers, going through your progressions quickly, stuff like that.
                            Last edited by JohnnyLingo; 11-30-2009, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
                              What an awesome comeback. Very original and insightful.
                              Comeback? I'm just stating the facts. Max Hall hasn't played well in bowl games. Look it up junior.

Comment

Working...
                              X